Tous les infos sur l'emploi et stages au Cameroun - Douala, Yaounde, Buea, Bafoussam, Bamenda, Kribi etc. Connect with us on What ... Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) targets High Potential, Best-in-Class young professionals with a strong passion for Africa’s Development. This program is not an internship arrangement; rather it offers an exceptional opportunity to talented young professionals with leadership potential, an established record of outstanding academic and professional achievement, a commitment to engagement in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level. The YPP includes a rigorous program of activities that prepares participants to be technical and professional leaders with notable impact.
1. The Program is for a period of three years, of which two years are to be spent on mandatory rotational placements across the Bank’s various functions and with the possibility of securing a regular staff position during the third year, based on performance and potential, as well as availability of suitable vacancies.
2. This development Program is structured under the Young Professionals Learning Academy and specific learning interventions delivered in phases of 6 months each, to deepen knowledge and build technical breadth and leadership skills necessary for future roles. It includes immersion into various functional areas of the Bank for hands-on experience in projects and various work assignments.
3. On-boarding and orientation programs will enable fast learning and adjustment to the Bank’s belief system in addition to a robust support mechanism by way of mentors, coaches and buddy groups
4. Individual performance and potential will be reviewed periodically and the necessary personal development plans customized to individual needs.
THE YOUNG PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM (YPP) STRATEGIC FOCUS AREAS FOR 2018 INTAKE:
We seek to recruit Young Professionals in specific disciplines and specialist professional areas that are aligned to our Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) as well as our People strategy. Our talent needs and recruitment efforts are therefore aligned to the Bank’s strategic imperatives; the High Fives (Hi-5s).
Power Systems Development (grid base power system, power utilities), Climate Change and Green Growth (climate finance, climate adaptation), Energy Statistics, Policy and Regulation (energy statistics), Renewable Energy (off grid energy access), Energy Partnerships (energy partnerships and stake-holders engagement, energy markets).
2. Feed Africa
Agriculture & Agro-industry (agribusiness development, agriculture research, production and sustainability), Agricultural finance & Rural development (agricultural and rural finance, rural infrastructure development).
Development Research (macroeconomic policy, debt sustainability and forecasting, microeconomic, institutional and development impact), Governance and public financial management (program development, policy management), Statistics (economic and social statistics, statistical capacity building).
Private Sector Development (strategy and new product, portfolio asset management, special operations), Financial sector development (financial institutions, financial inclusion), Infrastructure, cities & urban development (transport and logistics, ICT), Industrial and trade development.
Water, Human and Social development (education, human capital and employment, sanitation and public health.
The Bank expects to recruit thirty (30) Young Professionals in the identified relevant focus areas. The Bank is an equal opportunity employer. To this end, we are committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects our diversity agenda, including gender, geographies and languages, among others.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
The Young Professional Program targets motivated and high-potential talented individuals from our member countries. Applicants must meet the following conditions:
1. Be a citizen of a regional or non-regional AfDB member country.
2. Be 32 years of age or younger by 31st December, 2017.
3. Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, with outstanding academic credentials.
4. Have at least 3 years work experience in the areas related to our high priority areas (Hi-5s) as mentioned above.
5. Demonstrable on-the-ground/hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries.
6. Have passion for Africa’s Development.
7. Demonstrate strengths in leadership including leading others.
8. Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others.
9. Effectively work in teams with adaptability to a diverse environment.
10. Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results-orientation and problem-solving capability
11. Business Acumen and innovation mindset.
12. Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
13. Have skills that enable you work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves.
14. Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and travel to undertake country assignments.