Tax and Legal Manager at Barry Callebaut (SIC Cacao)
Posted : 7 September, 2020
Location : Douala, Cameroon
Category : Accounting, Auditing, Finance
Job type : Full Time
At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 12,000 passionate Employees working in more than 40 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
« TAX & LEGAL MANAGER »
Line reporting : Regional Legal Director / Finance Manager
Classification : Cat. 10
Location : Douala
No of positions : 01
Type of contract : Permanent contract
The Tax & Legal Manager will lead & manage multiple operations of the tax practice area and effectively ensures legal conformity. With the support of our consultants, He/she will serve as adviser to all staff across the company (Managing Director, Finance, Supply Chain, HR…) maximizing tax liabilities through informed applications of tax law and regulations. He/ She reports functionally to the Regional Legal & Compliance Director-Africa and operationally to the Country Finance Director.
- Bachelor / Master Degree in taxation with a good knowledge in accounting
- At least 5 years of experience as a Tax Manager or similar role
- Good Knowledge of the Cameroonian Tax law - Familiar with legal formalities to set up of companies
Specific knowledge, competencies and skills required
- Experience in Merger & Acquisition is a nice to have
- Good knowledge of company secretariat processes and formalities
- Good knowledge or employment regulation including alternative conflict resolution processes
- Critical thinker and problem solving skills
- Integrity & Responsibility
Description of tasks:
- Direct a variety of tax-related activities in accordance with the overall tax strategy to ensure that the organization meets its tax obligations and objectives. These activities may include: tax planning; research; compliance; tax submissions, reporting and filings; auditing; and communicating with external tax agencies.
- Evaluate the organization’s current or proposed activities, policies, business practices, and transactions to ensure that they comply with all relevant laws and regulations. Ensure that all tax returns, tax declarations, and other required reports are submitted accurately and on time. Advise senior management on tax matters and on the potential impact of current and future laws and regulations on the operation of the organization.
- Select, and manage ongoing relationships with, external consultants and advisors (for example tax advisors) to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop the tax activity to ensure that the organization’s tax strategy is implemented accurately and consistently and in compliance with all relevant regulations, laws and standards. Coach and provide instructions to lower-level professional such as the Tax Analyst.
- Protect the Business from legal and commercial risks by providing business-oriented legal services, including the drafting of contracts and documents entailing liability, paying attention to quality, timeliness business objectives. Assist in business and corporate transactions with robust analysis while minimizing costs and mitigating risks
- Drive the Legal Department’s objectives in Cameroon under the supervision of the Regional Legal & Compliance Director
- Review, Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Engage with the local, Regional and Group management on relevant legal & compliance topics when required
- Provide trainings on regulation ad policies to various functional and business areas
- Effectively build and manage external counsels network to deliver robust support to the company at an optimized cost
- Perform an active regulatory watch and update/train the Business on a potential impact
Female applications are strongly encouraged
To apply, please send your CV online: jobs.barry-callebaut.com by Tuesday 22th of September 2020