Site/Depot Delivery Coordinator at APM Terminals (a Maersk Company)
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 23 January, 2020
Job type : Full Time
Site/Depot Delivery Coordinator
We are currently looking for a Site/Depot Delivery Coordinator to join our team in Douala. He/she will be responsible to manage all operations related to Depot activities in accordance with customer requirements, Internal Operating procedures and Standards Operating Procedure, Maersk HSSE standards and requirements to achieve maximum levels of productivity, customer experience and optimization of resources available; Ensure that all personnel within work efficiently to meet goals, including the external suppliers; Create or maintain a great workplace environment with high engagement.
At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
i. Results orientation
ii. Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
iii. Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
iv. Creating network within the global organization
v. Understand market and customer drivers
vi. Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk's leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk organization
- Plan proactively depot activities with all stakeholders and ensure effectiveness of plan whilst measuring on daily basis the gap and reasons behind.
- Manage, motivate and instruct all operational team members, set priorities and structure tasks and goals.
- Organize teams per shifts and direct them to achieve goals set.
- Duly respect yard layout, stacking process and procedures in accordance with HSSE requirements.
- Coordinate depots equipment’s and allocate them efficiently during shifts.
- Foster preventive maintenance of equipment in accordance with EMR responsible
- Is responsible for efficient allocation of all shift operational staff and the cost-effective utilisation of equipment resources to match the operational requirements of the Depot.
- Ensure that recognised safe working practices are utilised for all operations and maintain effective implementation of safety policies and procedures.
- Provide first line of response for emergency situations and damage assessments.
- Provide Operations presence by maintaining significant visibility checks all yards activities continuously throughout shift and prepare operational reports as required by management.
- Maintain continuous operations by ensuring all shift operational staff use the “hot seat” changeover at shift changeover times and for operator rest break changeovers.
- Assist in the development of staff to ensure they perform at efficient and effective levels by monitoring performances taking appropriate action in order they reach full potential.
- Set KPI’s and put a dashboard to drive operation excellence
- Liaise with the Customer Team as well as other teams/functions to continually review, identify and recommend improved operating procedures and systems where required.
- Weight bridges execution and process improvements
- Reporting of depot KPI’s and performances
- Responsible depot gates, container inspection, dressing activities & stuffing/unstuffing within the depot, lifting process and procedures
- Depot resources and materials at his/her disposal
- Ability to work in a shift system covering day, night, weekend and holiday duty and if required working overtime.
- The incumbent is expected to contribute to the improvement of existing methodologies, processes and measurements when executing duties on an ongoing basis
- Drive Maersk values mindset within the team and appear as visible driving force
We are looking for
- Require a high school diploma with extensive logistic operations experience or a college degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Require at least 03 years or more of strong supervisory experience in logistics.
- Is thorough familiar with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- Advanced computer skills with a sound understanding of modern terminal planning and control systems.
- Require an in-depth, comprehensive understanding of container depot operations, especially equipment, handling, and trucking
- Ability to work under pressure, anticipates potential problems and diagnoses, evaluate and resolve logistical problems as they happen to meet operational performance objectives and deadlines.
- Have effective customer service skills.
- Provide leadership and ensure cooperation and support from employees and contractors in all areas of terminal operations to achieve operational objectives of the business using a teamwork approach.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills combined with good counselling and listening skills.
- Well developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills. Also, must have a working knowledge of the local language.
- Previous experience of working in a multi cultural environment in an overseas location is an advantage.
- Has a current Driving Licence
- Requires capability to anticipate problems by recognizing the key issues in problems and creating contingency plans and alternative solutions.
For updates, tips and info join Akwajobs B2 // Pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations rejoignez Akwajobs B2
Join Akwajobs' Telegram Channel for updates, tips and info // Rejoignez la Chaîne de Akwajobs au Telegram pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations https://t.me/akwajobs
Apply for this job