Senior Executive, Client Services at Nielsen
Posted : 23 March, 2019
Job type : Full Time
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION & PURPOSE
Nielsen is a global leader in retail measurement services. Our purchasing data offers comprehensive and timely information on market shares, competitive sales volumes and insights into distribution, pricing, merchandising and promotion. By combining this detailed information with and professional consultative services, we offer valuable insights and expertise that help fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) brands and retailers improve their manufacturing, marketing and sales decisions.
- Partner with clients
- Understand Situation, Complication, Questionand Answer (SCQA) framework
- Engagement with internal business partners (e.g. HR, finance, GTOP, Data Science)
- Embrace change
- Punctual report delivery to clients
- Insightful client presentations
- Mentor to trainees
- Spread positive message about Nielsen externally
- Attend team meetings and cross departmental initiatives
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (consider financial goals where relevant)
- Revenue & New Business Development
- Proposal writing
- Ability to spot a data query, analyse it & escalate
- Be a role model in promoting our social media profile across appropriate platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, National Media etc)
- Stay up to date with marketing and media research/information news
TIME VALUES (click here for criteria descriptors)
- Make “open” (vs. “proprietary” or “closed”) the default for our products, processes, and systems. Look to collaborative models to do more and better, especially when they make the pie bigger.
- Be open to new ideas, capabilities from the outside.
- Our key products are connected to operate as a system.
- Our systems connect to our clients’ systems to drive speed, efficiency, and capability.
- Our priorities are connected to and aligned with our clients’ priorities.
- The more useful, the more valuable. Optimize on usefulness. Look at every process, policy, system, etc. and ask, “Is this still useful?
- Can we make this more useful?”
- Be personally accountable. When you think to yourself, “Our company is [enter your criticism here]”, then ask yourself, “What can I do to help us do better?”
BEHAVIOR (click here for criteria descriptors)
Integrity & Humility
- Unwavering commitment to personal accountability, integrity and ethical behavior
- Demonstrates empathy, lacks excessive ego, and understands how behavior impacts others
- Evokes and builds trust and leverages relationships for collaboration
Inspires & Multiplies
- Engages self and others, takes responsibility for personal and professional development
- Fosters an inclusive environment, welcomes diversity
- Celebrates team accomplishments and recognizes peers
Innovate & Learn
- Drives change through experimentation, technology, and/or innovation
- Connects dots, demonstrates understanding of how priorities and work fit into the larger team
- Constantly learns, grows from mistakes and challenges, open to guidance and coaching
Impacts through Execution
- Demonstrates a client-centric approach when problem solving, makes a connection to the “big picture”
- Makes objective and data-driven decisions
- Communicates directly and appropriately for the audience, for maximum quality and speed
??Nielsen Cares is our global corporate social responsibility program, embodying our commitment to an uncommon impact on the communities we live in and represent to the marketplace.
WORK EXPERIENCE / INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- 4 - 5 years in FMCG, Manufacturing, Retailer, Market Research
- Minimum Qualification of Bachelor’s Degree in fields such as, but not limited to: Marketing Management , Business Management, Communication, Economics, Math, Psychology
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Google Office & Products
- Social Media
Analytical Thinkin, Attention to detail, Action Orientated, Agile/Flexible, Collaborative, Communication, Commercial Acume, Creative Thinking, Conflict Management, Consistency/Reliabilit, Client Orientated, Developing Others, Financial Acumen, Interpersonal Skills (Emotional Intelligence), Innovative, Problem Solving, Planning and Organization, Relationship building, Time Management, Strategic Thinking
NIELSEN PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
- Retail Measurement Services (RMS)
- Consumer Panel Services (CPS)
- Nielsen Answers Desktop software
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Douala,Littoral
Travel: Yes, 5% of the Time
Apply for this job