Senior Coordinator, Project at International Medical Corps
Posted : 13 January, 2022
Location : Yaoundé, Centre, Cameroun
Category : Program/Project Management
Job type : Full Time
Job Summary: The Senior Project Coordinator will apply their expertise and experience to provide strategic and technical leadership for the overall management, operations, and implementation of the HSPSP. S/he will lead a diverse project team implementing interventions in complex operational and security environments. The Senior Project Coordinator will serve as the primary liaison with key stakeholders, including managing relations with the donor. S/he will lead a senior team of technical and operational experts to ensure the project’s implementation is sufficiently supported and able to achieve project deliverables. S/he will coordinate closely with the Country Program’s broader operational and program teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
Main Tasks And Responsibilities
- Lead overall strategy, management, and operations for the project making key decisions, mitigating risks, and ensuring the integrity of the project’s timely implementation.
- Lead and supervise the project’s senior team, including providing leadership and building capacity across core project staff.
- Lead technical and operational planning and strategic communications for the project.
- Provide technical direction for the development and adherence to a monitoring and evaluation plan for the successive phases of the project to capture expected performance and results.
- Lead regular reviews of deliverables, project practices, tools and achievements against programmatic targets and quality standards; integrate learning and adaptation for continuous performance improvement informed by an effective use of data.
- Lead the effective implementation of and adherence to all International Medical Corps’ policies and donor’s requirements across the project’s interventions.
- Ensure that contract, finance, and grants administration functions are in full compliance and are well supported with effective systems and procedures.
- Oversee budget pipeline development and monitoring, and conduct monthly reviews to ensure accountability, accuracy, and timely reporting of all project activities and financial deliverables.
Senior Coordination and Representation
- As requested, support the Country Director in the management of key relationships with all levels of relevant stakeholders (global and regional partnerships, host-country governments, and donor), as well as required by the aims of the project.
- Represent the project within International Medical Corps' global portfolio; facilitate and ensure internal cross-departmental support consistently meets the needs of the project and its team; cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with relevant International Medical Corps’ staff across relevant departments such as International Programs, Technical Unit, Grants and Contracts Managements, Global Communications, and more.
- Coordinate with mission Senior Management Team (SMT) to report out project deliverables and improve quality of implementation; ensure the project is well connected with and integrated into the broader mission’s strategic plans.
Human Resources Management
- Ensure that the project team is properly onboarded, roles and responsibilities are properly assigned, and the team is able to implement the project agreed deliverables.
- Develop support strategies for staff, foster teambuilding, and introduce principles of self-care.
- Provide supportive and constructive feedback and conduct regular performance appraisals.
- Ensure project staff adhere to and are supported by any established dotted-line supervision with broader mission-level departments.
Security And Conduct
- Provide leadership for the coordination of the project with the mission’s lead safety and security focal point; ensure that the project’s implementation strategies and risk mitigation approaches align with the mission’s safety and security plans.
- Ensure that team members are properly trained in security and conduct protocols and policies, put in place systems to support staff wellbeing, safety and security are in place, and measures to support accountability to beneficiaries are effectively integrated and prioritized throughout the project.
- Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the project and organization, notably through adherence to the Code of Conduct and Ethics, including compliance with anti-harassment, safeguarding and PSEA policies
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
Code of Conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Typically, a Medical Degree, with Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or Global Health.
- Typically, 12+ years of relevant and progressive experience managing high-value, complex, multi-year projects implemented in international development and/or humanitarian settings, including at least 7 years in a senior-level position providing technical assistance and managerial oversight for health service delivery and health systems strengthening programming, specifically. Experience with health systems strengthening in fragile settings is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience cultivating and managing donor and host-country relations; demonstrated experience working with Ministries of Health (MoH) and understanding of MoH systems at national and sub-national levels.
- Experience providing technical direction, assistance, and oversight for project implementation, measuring performance against targets, as well as leading any necessary training and mentoring staff, partners, and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams, employing both in-person and remote management approaches to supervision of staff in various locations.
- Relevant regional experience in Sub-Saharan Africa is required, specific experience in Cameroon strongly preferred.
- Previous experience managing health programing employing cost recovery modalities preferred
Skills And Competencies
- Strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary and multicultural project teams.
- Demonstrated skills in coordinating, facilitating, and managing complex processes with diverse team members.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, creativity, acute problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of foreign aid architecture, including humanitarian and development funding mechanisms.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong familiarity with World Bank and UNHCR rules and regulations, including policies and procedures regarding human resources, grants management; financial management and reporting, and procurement processes.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French required.
NB: Apply here: https://internationalmedicalcorps.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/317