Central African Republic
Expected Starting Date
until 30 June 2022 with possiblity of extension
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
· Ensure invoices for food deliveries are received and processed timely every week in order to earn the prompt payment discount (PPD) that is provided for in the rations contract.
· Promptly inform the rations contractor in case of any discrepancy in the invoice and/or lack of supporting documentation.
· Check the correctness of the individual rations’ invoices.
· Finalize and post the individual invoices into ERMS including saving the Goods Receive Report against each requisition.
· Prepare summary of finalized invoices for submission for payment.
· Verify and finalize all other invoices, such as reefer container rental, warehousing, bottled water, and Combat Ration Packs delivery and transportation costs, etc in a timely manner.
· Draft covering memorandums for the submission of invoices and supporting documentation to Acquisition Management Section for timely upload in the COSMOS system.
· Ensure that all invoices are processed within the deadline to earn the PPD.
· Liaise with Acquisition Planning Section and Financial Resourcing and Performance Section in relation to timely processing and payment of the food contractor’s invoices.
· Generate required sale orders and coordinate with Financial Resourcing and Performance Section in cost recovery for food related services rendered by MINUSCA to other entities.
· Monitor the contract Not-To-Exceed amounts by keeping track of all expenditures and projected requirements.
· Maintain effective record keeping, reporting, and audit trail for all rations processes including responses to audit observations.
· Update the Food Rations database to meet various financial, accounting, and budget requirements.
· Receive, analyse and review rations importation documents and verify their conformance to the initial food orders.
· Verify inventory received from vendor for evaluating warehouse stock levels for various performance level evaluations.
· Properly file the documents as per Unit’s filing system.
· Maintain good working relations with Acquisition Planning, Financial Resourcing and Performance Section.
· Performs other related duties as required.
Required degree level
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
· At least 4 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting/finance is required.
· Working experience in the administration of contracts, accounting, logistics, customs clearing and importation documentation in food industry will be given priority.
· Candidates with work experience in peacekeeping field missions will be given priority.
· Good command of reporting and maintaining databases
· A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment.
· English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
· French(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise
Finance, accounting and audit, Logistics and supply management, Procurement and contracting
Area of expertise details
Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Professionalism, Self-Management, Working in Teams, Accountability, Client Orientation, Planning and Organizing
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 04-07-2021