Project Assistant at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 7 March, 2019
Job type : Full Time
- Job Title : Project Assistant
- Job openings : 02
- Locations : Douala (2)
- Reports to : Associate Project Director (Douala)
- Start date : April 1 st , 2019
- Applications Due: March 17, 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
With funding from CDC/PEPFAR Cameroon for the Atteindre95 project, EGPAF is supporting the Ministry of Public Health and the Government of Cameroon to scale-up HIV Testing Services (HTS) to ensure that 95% of people living with HIV know their status, that 95% of them are initiated on ART, and that 95% of those on ART are virally suppressed. EGPAF is also supported by other donors such as Unitaid to implement innovative approaches for Early Infant Diagnosis of HIV and catalysing Pediatric Tuberculosis services.
The Project Assistant is a key role that provides important administrative and logistics support to the Program teams in Douala. The role provides programmatic, technical, financial and operational assistance to all levels of the team. This individual serves as a key resource in helping the team to fulfil necessary programmatic, technical, and operational needs, with a focus on supporting procurement functions, and to ultimately help the team in the successful implementation of the Foundation's projects.
1. Meetings, Conference and Travel Support
- Assist in organizing meetings, workshops, conference calls and other key events, including arranging suitable dates, sending invitations, booking rooms, setting up and supporting video and teleconference facilities;
- Participate and/or take notes for the record;
- Research and prepare relevant materials for internal and external meetings with staff, donors, partners, etc.
- Assist with the planning and organization of international meetings or conferences.
- Track meeting reports from within and outside the Foundation for the program team and monitor level of implementation of main resolutions/Gantt charts;
- Assist project staff with travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Prepare arrangements for EGPAF staff and external parties who visit the Geneva office.
2. Documentation and Information Management Support
- Assist with formatting, editing and proof reading of key documents
- Develop report schematics, tables, and charts
- Proofread documents as required
- Respond to requests for information
- Maintain contacts lists for innovation projects
- Maintain project files and archives (electronic and paper).
3. Administrative and Office Management Support
- Assist in the maintenance of the internal and external contact lists
- Provide general office support including, but not limited to, ordering office supplies; processing invoices, coordinating with the building for IT support, key fobs, maintenance, etc.
- Submit request into Varian, and follow-up with the procurement team;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
- Any other business that arises
- At least 2 years relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred Administration, Public Health or Management.
- Experience or interest in public health, HIV programmes or related field.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Fluent in both English and French is a key requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Strong time-management capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle competing deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Proactive and able to work independently when necessary.
- Strong team player and positive attitude.
- Cross-culturally aware and sensitive.
- Problem Solving – Problem solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyse problems, weigh relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and makes recommendations.
- Flexibility – Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Resilience – Resilience is a person’s ability to deal effectively with pressure, remain optimistic and persistent under adversity, and recover quickly from setbacks.
- Time Management – Time management is a person’s ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
How to Apply:
- Click on the "Apply for this job" button to visit the Organization's Career Site.
- Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applications are only acceptable through the organization's Career Site.
This position is subject to donor funding.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
Sponsored by :
Apply for this job