Tous les infos sur l'emploi et stages au Cameroun - Douala, Yaounde, Buea, Bafoussam, Bamenda, Kribi etc. ------ Join Akwajo ... Read more
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Working locations: Based in Bamenda with travel to other parts of North West Region
Type of contract: CDD
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid.
Following medical prescription, plan and carry out individual treatment programmes, by assessing patients’ physical state, in order to maintain, improve or rehabilitate the physical well-being of the patient and prevent physical handicaps.
• Assess patient physical capacities, using different procedures (e.g. functional capacity tests) in order to set up treatment objectives with the patient and therefore improve patient's health and wellbeing.
• Elaborate and implement physiotherapy programmes, including physiotherapy exercises, manipulations, massages, education, utilization of physiotherapy devices and orthopaedic equipment, educating and advising patients and their careers on how to prevent and/or improve conditions, in order to accelerate and improve activity results.
• Train patients and care-takers on how to avoid injury in order to create preventive behaviours.
• Actively monitor and report physiotherapy activities (correctly filling in patient files, forms, statistics, and reports) and analyse these statistics in order to improve quality service, preserving patient’s data traceability.
• Take care of physiotherapy equipment, managing the stock, making orders according to activity and cleaning up the equipment, in order to ensure its continuous availability and quality of service.
• Report to the technical referent any problem arising in the service, especially the loss/ robbery/damage of medical equipment or medicines in order to implement the appropriate measures.
Essential, Physiotherapist official degree/diploma.
Preferably, experience in rehabilitation of orthopedic patients (Study period is considered as experience)
· English language and Pidgin English are essential.
· Competences: Results and quality orientation; teamwork and cooperation; Behavioural flexibility; Commitment to DWB principles; Stress Management; and Service Orientated.
All applications in ENGLISH (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: PHYSIOTHERAPIST or ref: NW.PHS15022020 or else be submitted in a sealed envelope at the Bamenda Office: Opposite Sacred Heart College, Mankon; Bamenda) Ref: NW.PHS15022020 for the attention of Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications: 29TH FEB 2020
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.