Packaging Shift Electrician-1 at Guinness Cameroun S.A. (Diageo)
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 5 November, 2019
Job type : Full Time
Packaging Shift Electrician-1
Job Title: Electrical Technician (Douala)
Reporting to: Maintenance Team Lead
Category: 8 (Level 6)
No of positions: 04
Diageo’s vision creates a powerful mandate for a Continuous Improvement culture, which reinforces strong performance.
Guinness Brewing & Packaging site operates within a constantly changing environment in terms of cost, volumes and performance. Significant change is required to deliver improved people performance and a Continuous Improvement culture. Clear milestones and budgeted performance will be set to deliver these goals.
- To produce Guinness products at customer service levels, quality conformance and within budget.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimize overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player.
- Apply Management system procedures related to his job or working area
- Participate to Internal quality audits Help to put in place and apply Diageo GRMS and ISO 9001&22000 requirements
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of HND, DUT, BTS or higher qualification in Electrical engineering & industrial computing.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Technical certification will be an advantage (Brewing, Packaging, Engineering or Utilities (as appropriate) and/or a nationally recognized technical qualification.
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- Positive attitude to own development and looks for opportunities to help others learn and develop.
As Electrical Technician:
- To diagnose, troubleshoot and repair faults on production lines as well as routine maintenance
- To maintain (inspect and adjust) Electrical Equipment proactively as per maintenance targets in order to continually improve Packaging efficiency, to optimise equipment availability and to minimise losses and risk. (Electrical)
- To suggest improvements in the operation, seek approval and implement to establish harmonious relations with the operational staff and to work flexibly with them
- To train operational team members to perform minor maintenance tasks and to assist in major repairs to act at all times within the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act
- To maintain a records system giving details of stoppages with actions to correct
- To work shifts as required to cover the needs of the factory
- Ensure all the machine on your area are running at the required machine efficiency/speed to achieve the required OEE.
- Ensuring all PMs allocate are done and followed up with any feedback to the asset care planner/ Maintenance Team Lead/ Day shift technicians
- Make sure all malfunctioning of machines are reported through SAP via running inspection on shift basis
- Provide maintenance and continuous improvement skills to deliver and improve on safety, quality, delivery, productivity, cost and asset care Ensure machine maintenance is carried out in line with the preventative maintenance plan, team goals and as per work instructions
As a global leader in beverage alcohol, our 200+ brands are part of everyday celebrations in over 180 countries. Our ambition? We want to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world.
Ever since Arthur Guinness took out a 9,000 year lease on a Dublin brewery, some 250 years ago, we became a business that is defined by the character of the people who work here. It took immense character from Alexander Walker to convince the captains of every ship in the port of Glasgow to take crates of Johnnie Walker to the four corners of the world.
Today, nothing’s changed. We’re proud to be more than 30,000 talented people. While they make our iconic brands ever stronger around the world, we help them go further than they thought possible. In fact, we’re helping to define their career growth through stretching roles and exciting development opportunities.
Diageo is where you’ll find a wide variety of personalities, experiences and perspectives, wherever you’re based in the world. It makes for a stimulating and rewarding working environment, where everyone can flourish.
Join Akwajobs B1 for updates, tips and info (WhatsApp) // Rejoignez Akwajobs B1 pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations (WhatsApp)
Join Akwajobs' Telegram Channel for updates, tips and info // Rejoignez la Chaîne de Akwajobs au Telegram pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations https://t.me/akwajobs
Apply for this job