Operations Director at G4S Cameroon
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 14 August, 2019
Job type : Full Time
Reporting to the Country Manager Director - Cameroon, the Operations Director coordinates the provision of contractual and ad hoc security services to customers, in compliance with legislation, G4S policies and procedures, to ensure achievement of budgeted financial targets. The incumbent is also responsible for monitoring the quality standards of all security services, ensuring adherence to regional standards.
Effective management of the division’s financial performance
- Manage relationship between actual results, budgets and forecasts
- Initiate cost saving model and controls
- Gross Margin Management
- Ensure Labour Efficiency according to standards
- Ensure Overheads control according to standards
- Achieve Contract profitability according to targets
- Prevent claims through regular customer risk assessments
- Achieve existing Revenue Growth
- Manage escalation to completion
Effective management of the division’s people performance
- Proper allocation of employees to positions to fulfil contract requirements
- Analyse and address employee turnover
- Ensure appropriate level employee training and development
- Maintain excellent employee motivation, performance management and engagement
- Ensure employees adhere to standards and address accordingly in line with G4S policies and procedures
Client retention and maintaining customer service levels
- Ensuring that all required formal customer meeting are scheduled, attended and documented
- Ensure quality service delivery in line with the ‘G4S Way’
New business development
- Identifying new business opportunities in the region’s sphere of operations, as well as in terms of growth of business with existing customers, driven by the promotion of integrated security solutions.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the competitor environment faced by Uganda
- Involvement in community and business forums and general public profile
The Ideal Candidate:
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of Cameroon security legislation
- Knowledge of Policy and procedures within operational environment
- Good understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Ability to Create Change and Innovation, Driving Superior Performance, Leading Professionally and with Integrity
- Excellent Communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Financial acumen in cost control and budgets
- The ability to deliver objectives and align to the company strategy
- 5 to 10 years Senior management experience
- Relevant formal tertiary qualification at the level of a professional bachelor or master’s degree preferred.
- A proven track record in driving revenues through effective Operations processes and people
- Capable of working effectively and productively with team members from diverse cultural environments.
- A proven track record in driving change and managing in a complex matrix organization.
- Ability to maintain strong ethical and professional values.
- The ability to operate in complex and diverse cultural environments.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid environmental changes.
- Proficient in the ability to identify key issues in complex business situations, analyze and understand causation and context, crossing the barriers of languages and culture and then model a range of options and develop appropriate responses.
- Autonomous and results orientated, with a clear determination to succeed
We are committed to employing Africans for Africa which would give preference to local Cameroonian citizens
Posted: 12 Aug 2019 | Closes: 26 Aug 2019
Join Akwajobs G4 for updates, tips and info // Rejoignez Akwajobs G4 pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations http://bit.ly/33yiQo7
Join Akwajobs' Telegram Channel for updates, tips and info // Rejoignez la Chaîne de Akwajobs au Telegram pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations https://t.me/akwajobs
Apply for this job