Tous les infos sur l'emploi et stages au Cameroun - Douala, Yaounde, Buea, Bafoussam, Bamenda, Kribi etc. Are you a graduate, wit ... Read more
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a NURSE
Working location: North West Region (with potential movements to South West Region)
Type of contract: CDD
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure quality/continuity of care for targeted population.
· Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
· Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
· Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Being aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit.
· Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
· Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
· Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents, ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed .
· Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance
· Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning. Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization.
· Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: Nurse ref: 181101 or else be submitted at the FAITH BUILDING - Che Street, Ntarinkon - Bamenda, North West Region in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment Nurse for the attention of Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications: Wednesday 7 November 2018
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our office in Bamenda after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.