Tous les infos sur l'emploi et stages au Cameroun - Douala, Yaounde, Buea, Bafoussam, Bamenda, Kribi etc. ------ Join Akwajo ... Read more
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a Mobil Clinic Drug Dispenser
Working locations: Based in Bamenda with travel to other parts of North West Region
Type of contract: CDD
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid.
To provide an accurate, timely, and qualitative dispensing service of drugs according to medical prescriptions and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to improve the patient’s health conditions
· Dispensing medication to patients according to medical prescription, ensuring the medication is labelled with the correct drug name, strength, quantity, expiry date, directions for use and additional required information and providing clear instructions and advice on how to take the drug, when, how long, how to store, possible side-effects and any other relevant warnings. Making sure the patient understands in order to ensure correct treatment.
· Adhering to MSF practice policies and procedures for dispensing medicines, in particular those relating to controlled drugs and ensuring respect of confidentiality in dispensing
· Placing accurate and timely orders with the central stock, maintaining minimum stock levels of medicines, checking expiry dates and storage conditions and ensuring no medicines or material are taken out of the dispensary without authorization
· Maintaining accurate dispensing records and regularly reporting them to his/her technical reference. Ensuring returned and out-of-date medication is safely removed to a well designated quarantine zone for unwanted pharmaceuticals, separated from the normal stock
· Organizing and keeping clean the dispensing area, ensuring cleanliness and care in handling medicines to avoid contamination and mix-up. Maintaining dispensary equipment, ensuring it is clean, accurate and in a good state of repair.
· Maintaining the integrity and security of the dispensary by admitting only authorized personnel and ensuring that all medicines are stored as appropriate. Reporting immediately to the technical reference on any problem arising in the service (especially loss, robbery, quality problems with medicines (abnormal changes in colour, consistency, and odour) damage of medical equipment or medicines).
· Carrying out Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE) and interacting with patient using a patient based approach to accompany chronic disease (HIV, TB, etc.) patients along their visits. Receiving patients, informing about treatment and adherence, giving appointment for the next drug delivery. Informing the medical doctor in case of lack of adherence and identifying the reasons and finding solutions to improve adherence.
· Understanding, recording and informing on any complaint received from patients related to medicine use or side effects.
· Diploma with a paramedical background
· Minimum 1 year experience as a drug dispenser.
· English language and local languages are essential. Pidgin English is an asset.
· Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
· Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
· Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
· Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
· Competences: Results and quality orientation; teamwork and cooperation; Behavioural flexibility; Commitment to DWB principles; Stress Management; and Service Orientated.
All applications in ENGLISH (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com mentioning on the subject: Mobil Clinic Drug Dispenser or NW.MCD22012020 or else be submitted in a sealed envelope at the Bamenda Office: Opposite Sacred Heart College, Mankon; Bamenda II Sub-division, Mezam District) Ref: Mobil Clinic Drug Dispenser for the attention of Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications: Tuesday 4th February 2020
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.