Tous les infos sur l'emploi et stages au Cameroun - Douala, Yaounde, Buea, Bafoussam, Bamenda, Kribi etc. ------ Join Akwajo ... Read more
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a Midwife
Working locations: Based in Bamenda ,North West Region
Type of contract: CDD
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid.
Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications
· Ensuring the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC 1 and CEmONC 2), neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
· Where PMTCT is implemented, ensuring implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling
· Collaborating with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
· Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
· Ensuring hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
· Performing cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
· Guaranteeing a regular and on-going supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
· Properly following up all new-born babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
· Ensuring patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
· Supervising that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols , as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc
· Participating in the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
· According to MSF protocols in force, conduct normal deliveries independently Manage obstetric emergencies; identify cases needing referral and send them in time, clean up the new-born, executing and registering first neo-natal medical acts (cutting and cleaning the umbilical cord, vaccination, etc.), detecting possible anomalies/infections of the new-born and reporting them to the doctor, in order to ensure successful interventions. Supervises the use of drugs, facilities and obstetric material, in order to ensure, in accordance with number of patients and prescriptions, a rational use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated, kept under appropriate conditions and above minimum safety point. 1 BEmONC = basic emergency obstetric and neonatal care = Administration of antibiotics, oxytocics, anticonvulsants, manual removal of the placenta, removal of retained products following abortion, assisted vaginal delivery, preferably with vacuum extractor and new-born care including neonatal resuscitation. 2 CEmONC = comprehensive obstetric and neonatal care = the full package of BEmONC Plus; surgery (caesarean section, hysterectomy, laparatomy), safe blood transfusion and care to sick and low birth weight newborns
· Essential midwifery qualification or specialization. Desired Bachelor Degree in Midwifery
· Essential working experience of at least two years in midwife activities related jobs. For OCBA, this is desirable.
· English language and local languages are essential. Pidgin English is an asset.
· Competences: Demonstratable experience in supervising and training others; Results and quality orientation; teamwork and cooperation; Behavioural flexibility; Commitment to DWB principles; Stress Management; and Service Orientation.
All applications in ENGLISH (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: Midwife or NW.MWRHB22012020 or else be submitted in a sealed envelope at the Bamenda Office: Opposite Sacred Heart College, Mankon; Bamenda II Sub-division, Mezam District) Ref: Midwife for the attention of Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications: Tuesday 4th February 2020
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted