Merchandiser at British American Tobacco
Posted : 20 February, 2019
Job type : Full Time
Location: Flexible Location
Function: Marketing & Sales
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for 3 Merchandisers to join our team in Cameroon.
The dynamism of this role is represented by its main tasks, like implementing brand and trade programmes according to cycle plan in outlets located primarily within the rural market, ensure the effective and efficient execution of marketing activities in the defined territory and extended coverage area. Role also serves as part of a 'Tactical Response Team', positioned to address situations arising within the market, as well as business needs. In this regard, direction to be provided by Area Manager or Regional Manager
1. Operational/ Technical/ Professional Accountabilities
- Execute basic TM&D activities in the outlets located within the territory in order to meet company objectives as described in the cycle plan (visibility, availability, freshness, consumer contacting etc)
- Develop and adhere to a well-defined work programme and route plan as agreed with Area Manager
- Achieve volume and distribution targets through direct selling (Top-up stock) and monitoring of van sales.
2. Leadership Accountabilities
- Execute rural related business development projects (e.g. Rural Stockist, Rural Storm etc.)
- Ensure attendance of all approved training programmes and show visible application of acquired knowledge
3. Management Accountabilities
- Ensure objectives in terms of availability, visibility, volume, stock quality and RRP -Recommended Retail Price compliance of products are achieved for the territory
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date detailed database of all customers (including phone numbers and home addresses)
- Provide data and maintain accurate records on competitor's activities, sales and distribution performance in order to guarantee that Area Manager is fully informed at all times
- Manage all assigned funds, materials and equipment in a secure and efficient manner in order to maximise the use of organisation assets
- Monitor brand performance in outlets within rural markets (BAT's and competitors')
4. Relationship Accountabilities
- Engage local government officials, transport/ traffic agencies and other stakeholders to avoid disruption of BAT operations in the defined rural territory
- Improve the company's corporate image by operating at the highest business ethics, environmental, health and safety standards using the IMS as a guide
- Support Van Reps to achieve high performance by developing new routes and giving TM&D support to existing outlets.
5. Innovation Accountabilities
- Gather/ provide ideas on how to develop retail Touch-points (Retail clusters, redistribution hubs, etc) in the rural markets
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
- Diploma in a Commerical or Marketing related field.
- Functional Knowledge & Skills.
- Valid driving license.
- Knowledge of rural towns and road networks is desirable.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Managerial & Interpersonal Skills.
- Selling Skills.
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Apply for this job