Management Information System Specialist at USAID Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management
Akwajobs (Yaoundé, Cameroun)
Posted : 16 January, 2018
Job type : Full Time
The Management Information Systems Specialist will provide technical support in all logistics management information systems (LMIS) projects and activities, across all task orders in Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Cameroon. The MIS Specialist position requires performance in the areas of software delivery, technical capacity, and project management. The MIS Advisor works with the cross-functional team in the evolution and delivery of the project’s portfolio of supply chain solutions. The MIS Advisor is primarily focused on logistics information management systems (LMIS) selection, implementation and management as well as inventory management, supervision, monitoring, quantification and forecasting tools.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate available technologies and recommend the most suitable option that will support the supply chain operations.
- Lead training and capacity development activities for MIS applications users
- Collaborate with Government counterparts in the administration and management of existing and new MIS platforms
- Support data analysis and dissemination available data to inform project management.
- Promote standards across MIS systems to support interoperability of systems.
- Coordinate with country stakeholders for system integration to increase supply chain data visibility.
- Manage all technical operations requirements and implementation, internal and external engagements for MIS and related projects /activities
- Support design, implementation and documentation for MIS and related projects / activities.
- Provide technical support on MIS platforms to facilitates user access to supply chain data for analysis and information.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate technical solutions to support MIS activities for the GHSC-PSM project.
- Support the development of implementation strategies for MIS activities / projects
- Troubleshoot applications, monitor and record incidents, and communicate findings to all relevant units.
- Maintain technical documentation for MIS projects.
- Ensure that all the project MIS implementations follow USAID requirements.
- Support the assessment / evaluation of ongoing MIS activities / projects
- Support the development and deployment of appropriate MIS applications or solutions for use by the GHSC-PSM project in Cameroon, funders and other relevant partners
- Support training and capacity development activities for MIS application users
- Supervise the work of any interns and consultants to ensure timely achievement of project deliverables
- Serve as the primary contact for any IT subjects for the project
- Perform other tasks as directed by his/her supervisor
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Information Communications Technology, Engineering or a related field with 3 years of work experience in supporting and managing ICT-based knowledge.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Statistics or related field with 3- 5 years of work experience in supporting and managing ICT-based knowledge.
- At least 3 years of work experience in data and information management related to health and or logistics
- At least 2 years’ experience in training and mentoring staff in ICT particularly developing countries
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project a plus
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs is a requirement.
- Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including web-based database systems is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems related problems and maintain security of the systems
- Proficiency in working with the office applications, ERP software, communications systems.
- Familiarity with USG requirements for MIS project development and implementation a plus
- Knowledge of public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques is required.
- Strong skills in project monitoring, interpretation and evaluation of data are required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to facilitate training / workshops and present technical and strategic information data in a clear and concise manner to audiences with varying degrees of knowledge/experience in MIS.
- Ability to coordinate across different teams.
- Knowledge of the Cameroon public health sector
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Fluency in English and French is required
- The Management Information Systems Specialist will report to the Senior Warehousing and Inventory Management Advisor.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment This position is for an unspecified period
Please send electronic submissions of your CV, Cover Letter and academic credentials to email@example.com by January 31, 2018.
Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
No telephone inquiries please.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this job