M & E Assistant CBT at Plan International
Posted : 23 February, 2019
Job type : Full Time
Plan International Plan International Cameroon is a Child Centered Community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation working in Cameroon since 1996. Plan International is a children’s organization with primary concerns on children’s rights, safety and well-being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees are therefore expected to comply with our Child Protection Policy. Plan International also promotes equal opportunity employment and pays special consideration to female candidates.
Deadline : 28/02/2019
Position M&E Assistant CBT
How does this post support Plan’s strategy and mission? The project is about Saving lives through coordinated and integrated inclusive cash assistance for refugees in Lolo, Timangolo, Mbile,Gari Singho ,Gadoand Garoua Boulai in both Kadey and Lom et Djerem Divisions affected by the Central African crisis. The project’s falls into CP 25 and 27 related health and protection activities.
Dimensions of Role:
This project will target 87.200 Refugees from the sites of Lolo, Timangolo, Gari singho and Gado. And Garoua Boulai. It is estimated that 780 644 505 cfa will be distributed during the6 months project’s duration.
Key End Results of Position:
The holder of the position will among many other tasks perform the following:
- Ensure all logistics and related activities are prepared accordingly Ensure effective and efficient distribution of food items to beneficiaries.
- Ensure that the purpose of the M&E framework is being achieved and enabling decision-making on the project progression and development.
- Identify data sources for capturing project performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with the project team.
- Contribute to nutritional assessment planning, implementation, interpretation & reportin.
- Draft regular M&E project reports and assist in the preparation of project monthly reports.
- Ensure data tracking and reporting.
- Gather, analyse and share relevant data/information with the project team and donors.
- Contribute to Nutrition assessment operations in implementing zones.
Dealing with Problems:
The holder of the position has no authorization and will liaise with PU’s finance and Administrative department for all related finance and administrative procedures under the leadership of PUM. But his proactveness will be key in planning and implementation of activities in the field.
Communications and Working Relationships:
The Assistant BSFP Coordinator should maintain a good collaboration and communication with technical and financial partners (WFP, UNHCR) at field level also with local authorities, DMOs, Chief of health’s structures.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- University degree in Social Science, Statistics or related courses
- Understands the main processes and methods of the TSFP and BSFP
- Demonstrate good knowledge on logistic and stock management
- Possesses basic knowledge of Plan’s policies and procedures
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in research and evaluation, planning, participatory monitoring and evaluation, and developing community development projects
- Extensive knowledge of emergency nutrition work
- Ability to speak, read and write French fluently and proven ability and willingness to learn other languages
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office including words, excel, internet etc).
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Ability to work under pressure and in remote area and in zones were security issues is a concern Level of Contact with Children:
- Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
Plan international operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourage diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Plan International has a Child Protection and a gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
Apply for this job