Livelihood and Food security Assistant at NORWAYGIAN REFUGEE COUNCIL( NRC)
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Contribute ideas to the development of project proposals and provide support as need
- Support the implementation of different projects (activities, budgets, and project
- documentation) as delegated by the Project Coordinator/Officer in conformity with proposals, strategies and donor requirements and ensuring optimal quality.
- Regular reporting to direct supervisor on progress of the project by giving oral and written reports.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries with greater protection needs and evaluate new and better ways to provide assistance to them.
- Ensure beneficiary capacity building on projects activities and the transfer of key competences.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Ensuring that NRC LFS activities are within the LFS Clusters coordination.
- Provide support in the selection of project implementation sites and beneficiaries in target areas.
- Participate in the identification and registration of beneficiary households.
- Participate in the implementation of LFS activities and the complaints management in the field.
- Support implementation of project baseline and end line data collection.
- Support various aspects of the project implementation at the community level such as timeliness of project activities implementation, compliance with standard requirement during project implementation.
- Input in the development of project proposals as new needs arise in the field.
- Provide support in the translation of various training materials including livelihoods skills development, community development and stakeholders’ capacity building.
- Provide support in planning and implementation of project activities.
- Support the procurement requests of program inputs and support the LFS PC in preparing procurement plans for various projects.
- Contribute in preparing and submitting weekly or monthly activities reports as required.
- Ensure smooth collaboration with the community leaders, beneficiaries, local authorities, UN agencies, INGOs and other relevant stakeholders at field level in the implementation of project activities.
- Participate in any relevant project monitoring visits by local extension services and other Government technical staff to project sites as required.
Generic professional competencies:
- University degree in Agriculture, veterinary, economics, Social Sciences, natural resource management, Environmental Science/Forestry.
- 2 years of experience in the relevant fields in Local or International NGOs
- Experience in working with agricultural cooperatives and/or Local Communities
- Good communication
- Problem solving, analytical and negotiation
- Computer and internet literate
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in working in the South-West or North-West Regions
- Good knowledge on the cultures and local languages of the South-West region
- Good knowledge on the national and international laws and standards on Livelihood and Food Security
- Knowledge on the usage of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- knowledge of English and working knowledge of French.
Beginning: April 2021
Fix term Contract of 12 months
Duty Station: Buea with 95% of field travel
Salary and benefits: Grade 4 step 1 NRC Cameroon salary grid
All applications must be submitted ONLINE at : https://www.nrc.no/careers/