Legal Director and Company Secretary, Guinness Cameroun S.A. (Diageo Africa)
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 17 February, 2019
Job type : Full Time
Job Title: Legal Director and Company Secretary, Guinness Cameroun S.A.
Reporting to: Managing Director (dotted line to Senior Counsel, Diageo Africa)
Category: L4 – Cat 12
No of positions: 1
- Enable GCSA to achieve its business objectives in a legally compliant way.
- Preserve value (financial and reputational) by minimizing the risk of value leakage and litigation and maintaining compliance with laws and GCSA’s Codes.
- Support GCSA in developing best practice corporate governance.
- Ensure the Function’s activities are prioritized and the Function is staffed internally and externally to maximize GCSA’s business objectives and performance.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Formal legal qualifications and training as required by law to work as a legal practitioner in Cameroon.
- Strong commercial law background especially in the negotiation and documentation of commercial contracts relevant to the Group’s business and giving advice in relation to marketing, sales and promotion activities;
- A good working knowledge of the following legal areas – product liability, IP, employment, antitrust, corporate governance and the responsibilities of a Company Secretary
- A track record of effectively managing external lawyers generally and in relation to a large outsourced litigation caseload
- Strong, analytical, drafting and negotiating skills
- Open and outward looking attitude
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to work confidently and stand ground with more senior managers
- Strong commercial and pragmatic approach
- Strong coaching and leadership skills
- Ability to impact and influence upwards
- At least ten years post qualification experience as a lawyer
- GCSA leadership capabilities – experienced
- GCSA Legal functional capabilities – experienced
- Function as a highly effective legal and business partner. Stay particularly close to the MD and the other Functional Heads.
- Ensure that the Legal Function is an integral part of the GCSA business (including visibility in market) so it receives appropriate commercial and other functional inputs.
- Embed functional best practice in the company.
- Achieve the right balance between hands on “doing” of legal work, managing external lawyers and training of staff on relevant topics.
Guinness Cameroon, which is ISO 9001/2008 and FSSC 22000 certified, is committed to meritocracy and inclusiveness and will not unfairly discriminate in recruitment, training, career development and promotion on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, disability, religion or belief and age
CLOSING DATE: 28/02/2019
Hervé Ngamaleu Human Resources Director HN/NT/15.02.2019
Worker Type : Regular
Primary Location: Douala
Job Posting Start Date : 2019-02-15-08:00
Apply for this job