Intermodal Assistant at Maersk Line Agency Cameroon
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 11 January, 2017
Job type : Full Time
Maersk Line Agency Cameroon is looking for an Intermodal Assistant with experience in the container business or in the transport / logistics related field for our Douala office to support activities related to intermodal and equipment management. Reporting to the Inland Operations Supervisor, the Intermodal Assistant will support inland activities with particular focus on our Intermodal business in Cameroon and related hinterland countries (Chad & Car) by ensuring effective operational follow up, providing input and recommendations to improve on our Through Bill of Lading activities, implement methods and measures to drive intermodal costs down etc. whilst remaining customer focused.
An excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join the Landside Operations team; you will be exposed to exciting challenges and outstanding development opportunities within Maersk Line.
You will gain end-to-end execution technical knowledge, operational skills as well as industry best practice. Furthermore, you will work in a multi-cultural environment and engage with multiple internal and external stakeholders which will greatly enhance your communication, presentation and people skills.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Perform data analysis to address gaps and recommend improvement areas
- Master costs and tariffs, for optimal vendor resource allocation and management
- Implement measures to drive down costs and increase line margins.
- Maintain the chain of information related to Intermodal activities
- Benchmark buying /selling tariffs with what is updated in various Maersk internal working systems and maintain relevant documentation
- Support ports of loading (POL), GSC OIT, Delivery locations, forwarders with appropriate information when required, constantly follow up TBL volumes end to end
- Remain customer orientated.
- Maintain close relationship with vendors to ensure a good quality of service as a whole,
- Proactively provide LOC and GSC intermodal coordination desk with comments on costs deviations on per month basis when necessary
- Maintain good, timely communication with Sales, customers, forwarders with regards to the TBL business, equipment longstanding management to / from Chad, CAR and CMR Inland locations
- Assist equipment desk on longstanding management as whole, system updates, drive equipment turn-time down.
- Work closely with other teams for knowledge sharing, monitor KPIs’, improve reporting within the organization and move towards standardization of processes
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree
- Good knowledge and understanding of both the Container Business and related operational activities
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Cost-conscious and business profitability mind-set
- A process builder with strong cross functional and team work capablities
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communications, relationship building and networking skills with both external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal skills with people at all levels across the organisation in both English and French.
- Strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail.
- Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment
Get a new job faster with the assistance from Dedicated Career Coaches
Last application date: 17 January 2017.
Apply for this job