INGO Forum Officer Cameroon Yaoundé - Field Coordination
The International Humanitarian NGO Forum, codenamed The Coordination of Humanitarian
International Non-Governmental Organizations (CHINGO) was formalized mid-2019 owing to a need
for a collaborative platform for effective and principled INGO interaction, engagement and
coordination of humanitarian plus early recovery interventions in Cameroon. Presently, CHINGO has
a core membership of 20 members and 3 observers and is a critical platform for ensuring effective
information sharing and analysis; leadership on advocacy and policy engagement; and liaison with
government/donor/UN and engagement ensuring the perspectives of INGOs and
affected populations are ultimately included in decision-making processes. CHINGO is governed by
an elected Steering Committee of five Country Directors and is administratively hosted by the Norwegian
Refugee Council (NRC).
Under the supervision of the Forum Coordinator and in collaboration with CHINGO Programme Officer, the Officer will support the work of the INGO forum on issues related to field coordination, in the different regions. He/she will notably facilitate the share of information and coordination between forum members, between members and external partners and stakeholders, support context analysis and the development of communication products and advocacy notes.
- Organize regular INGOs field coordination meetings (in Maroua, Kousseri, Batouri/Meiganga, Buea, Bamenda) to facilitate information-sharing and coordination: send invitations, develop agenda, facilitate the discussions and draft minutes for sign-off of CHINGO coordinator.
- Support in enhancing coordination between humanitarian International and national NGOs and organize meetings on a regular basis in the regions
- Take part in various field coordination meetings as assigned by CHINGO coordinator (intersector Maroua, humanitarian platforms, refugee response meetings)
- Conduct very regular field visits to the Far North, East, Adamaoua, North, North-West and South-West regions to carry-out above mentioned activities.
- Support research, data collection and analysis at field level on topics indicated by CHINGO coordinator
- Collect information from CHINGO members and local partners to provide regular contextual updates and a monthly report on humanitarian trends in the different regions
- Provide talking points about humanitarian situations in the different regions
- Support CHINGO programme officer in the update of CHINGO members’ database in case of change in personnel in the regions
- Liaise with logistics for the purchase of materials and equipment for CHINGO at the field level and liaise with CHINGO programme officer to coordinate as needed with Yaoundé level.
- Generic professional competencies for this position:Experience working in a humanitarian project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Previous experience working with INGOs, especially at field level;
- Experience writing reports; preparing advocacy notes or grants management;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal;
- Good networking skills;
- Higher relevant university degree in Political Science, Project Management, Communication or related field;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in humanitarian project management, advocacy, coordination;
- Knowledge of the Cameroon context, the humanitarian community and familiarity with the humanitarian architecture in Cameroon and the political situation;Knowledge of communicating humanitarian needs and ethical reporting;
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and dedication to humanitarian work;
NB: This is a national position
APPLY NOW: https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/requisitions/preview/6049/?location=Cameroon&locationId=300000000306624&locationLevel=country&mode=location