Information Management Officer at UNICEF Cameroon
Akwajobs (Yaoundé, Cameroun)
Posted : 1 July, 2018
Job type : Full Time
Information Management Officer, (NO-2), Yaounde, Cameroon #104580, Fixed Term appointment, only for Cameroonian nationals
Job Number: 514201 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Cameroon
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, [insert tagline]
Under the guidance of the supervisor, responsible for providing quality humanitarian situation information and analyses, planning and monitoring the performance of UNICEFâ€™s emergency programme and supporting decision-making through quality information and analyses.
How can you make a difference?
- Manage an up to date inventory of relevant documents on the humanitarian situation and response. Analyze available information on the evolving situation to systematically feed into analyses on UNICEF's coverage and performance.
- Create predictable flows of information on situation, activities, funding, supplies, staffing, and quality of the humanitarian response and produce a system where all these elements are analyzed to inform decisions on prioritization, fundraising, implementation and reporting UNICEF's emergency response.
- Develop and maintain information databases that consolidate and analyze UNICEF's emergency response.
- Present/visualize and disseminate information in ways that feed easily into decision making.
- Use GIS mapping for map production and geographic data management. Produce coverage and sectoral maps, needs maps, situation maps and any other graphic representation useful to analysis and performance reporting.
- Manage flows of information and dissemination in an appropriate way between the field and the central level, between section and with the relevant sectors to ensure complete and timely availability of data and use of information for decision making, coordination, reporting and advocacy at all levels.
- Support assessments and monitoring, including development of tools for data collection and data entry, procedures for joint assessments in line with UNICEF's CCCs and provide capacity building on quality data collection that is in line with CCCs and Humanitarian Principles notably to field programme staff.
- Develop and strengthen M&E capacity through the training of emergency focal points and field staff in close collaboration with section Information Management Officers and with the M&E section.
- Ensure field monitoring for quality of UNICEF and its partners interventions. Set up third-party monitoring in high-risk areas as needed.
- Up to date information on humanitarian situation is available to decision makers and implementing staff within UNICEF and used to orient UNICEF's emergency response based on clear priorisation criteria in line with the Core Commitments for Children (CCCs)
- Bottlenecks to emergency response for children are identified and communicated in timely, quantified and synthetic manner to decision makers for action.
- UNICEF performance in achieving its CCCs is known in quantity and quality and reported through succinct and visual analysis.
- Performance of systems, processes and teams in regard to situation and humanitarian performance monitoring at national and field level in place.
- Simplified and high frequency reporting by UNICEF and its implementing partners on project implementation is in place.
- Acts in a support role for substantive part of the functional areas of in the small or medium country office. May be responsible for implementing small-scale monitoring and/or evaluation activities at project and activity level.
- The nature of work is primarily conceptualization, analysis, interpretation, and problem identification, leading to drawing methodical conclusion and making analytical/operational recommendations.
- The work requires assuming active team member or substantive contributor role.
- Provide support to the analysis of key humanitarian performance indicators and produce graphs, maps and infographics of UNICEF's humanitarian response
- Partnership for engagement with counterpart and immediate customers, as well as ability to liaise with knowledge institutions.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University Degree in Management of Information Systems (MIS), data management and in-depth analysis or Computer Science or Statistics or related disciplines
- Extensive work experience relevant to this post may be considered as a replacement for formal qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years in data collection and data management, monitoring and evaluation or other relevant fields.
- Experience in database design, database distribution and map production and capacity building to give "hands-on" training on database management and reporting. Proficient in use of GIS, Advanced Excel, SPSS or STATA and other related software packages.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in data and data analysis visualisation.
- Emergency experience desirable
- Fluent French. Working knowledge of English required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Apply for this job