Human Resources Manager Mission at Première Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Posted : 10 January, 2022
Location : Yaoundé, Centre, Cameroun
Category : Human Resources Management
Job type : Full Time
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental organization of international solidarity, non-profit, apolitical and secular. Its objective is to meet all the basic needs of civilian victims endangered, marginalized or excluded by the effects of natural disasters, wars and situations of economic collapse. PUI is present in 18 countries, in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, the Caucasus and the Caribbean, and intervenes in the areas of food security, health, nutrition, infrastructure rehabilitation, water and sanitation and economic recovery.
PUI has been present in Cameroon since 2008. The association is developing projects in the Far North (EN) in Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH), Nutritional Food Security and Livelihoods (SANME), Non Food Items (NFI) / Shelter and Cash and Voucher Approach (CVA). Since 2017, PUI has been expanding its activities in Logone-et-Chari (LC) by opening a base in Kousseri where teams are carrying out projects in SANME, WASH, Money transfers and RRM.
In this context, PUI is recruiting a Human Resources Mission Manager .
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission, the Head of Mission Human Resources ensures the management of national human resources according to the needs of the mission and in accordance with national legislation and the procedures in force on the mission. He / She manages the administrative follow-up of the international staff of the mission. He / She coordinates the application of the procedures and the human resources management policy of Première-Urgence Internationale on the mission.
By virtue of its functions vis-à-vis the NGO, the HR manager position requires a high sense of integrity; Première Urgence Internationale cannot tolerate any conflict of interest or embezzlement.
Responsibilities and fields of action
- Management and application of the legal and HR policy framework: He / She is responsible for the respect and application of the legal framework and HR policies.
- Administrative management and career paths: He / she supervises the administrative management of the national teams as a whole (recruitment, remuneration, monitoring, career management: evaluation, training and development, disciplinary procedures, dismissal, etc.).
- Capacity building: He / She reinforces the capacities of the national administrative team by setting up an internal training plan, as well as the creation / updating of procedures and monitoring tools.
- HR policy and risk analysis: He / She is responsible for improving PUI’s HR policy on the assignment in compliance with the country’s legal framework, internal procedures as well as those of donors and the analysis of relative risks to HR questions.
- Administrative management of expatriates: He / She manages the administrative follow-up of the expatriate staff of the mission.
Specific objectives and associated activities
MANAGEMENT AND APPLICATION OF THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK AND NATIONAL HR POLICY
- He / She ensures the application of the legal framework (labor and social law, customs) in connection with the context of the mission (constraints and opportunities specific to the Region), application of the HR policy in terms of rules, procedures and tools relating to recruitment, remuneration, administrative management, disciplinary aspects and management of career paths within the organization.
- He / She guarantees the respect and the correct application of the legal framework and the HR and institutional policies of PUI at the mission level.
- He / She is responsible for complying with the formalities required by government authorities (CNPS, taxes, etc.) within the required deadlines (for payments, among others).
- He / She ensures legal monitoring: labor law, business law, tax law. Gathers information from other NGOs, informs himself on the internet or in the newspapers of any change in law or any law that is not applied by the organization in order to suggest to the Head of Mission the implementation of corrective measures.
- He / She ensures, with the support of PUI’s lawyer, that the HR management rules and procedures comply with the labor legislation in force, in particular with regard to the rules relating to safety and hygiene and liaise with staff representatives.
- He / She ensures the dissemination of good practices in order to guarantee PUI’s compliance with the legislation on labor, business, contract and tax law.
- He / She ensures the application of social and medical coverage for national employees (health, retirement, etc.),
- He / she ensures the exact application, and in conjunction with the Financial Coordinator, of the remuneration scale (salary scale and functions).
- He / She is a source of proposals to improve the administrative management of national HR (insurance, internal regulations, HR procedure ect …)
- He / She ensures PUI’s representation for all HR aspects to national organizations and other NGOs.
ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT TRAVEL AND CAPITALIZATION OF NATIONAL HR
- He / She validates in collaboration with the Financial Coordinator the requests for recruitment (job description, remuneration), contractual riders (whatever the subject: remuneration function, schedule, end date etc …), sanctions disciplinary, dismissal or non-renewal decisions according to the legislation in force and internal procedures.
- He / She defines the recruitment process, supervises the organization of recruitments (announcement, applications, interviews), participates in the recruitment of key positions, checks the employment contracts of national staff and improves the process and supports for the integration of new employees.
- He / She ensures relations with schools and universities within the framework of the recruitment policy and the training policy.
- He / She is the guarantor of the completeness of national employee files and their compliance with audit standards.
- He / She oversees and improves payroll systems, absence tracking and overall personnel administration.
- He / She supervises the processing of salaries and validates them before payment.
- He / She supervises, improves and ensures the proper application of the evaluation process of all the national employees of the mission (launch of the evaluation period, development of the biannual schedule, relaunch of evaluators, archiving of evaluations ).
- He / she collects and analyzes the evaluations to identify the collective and individual needs in training and course management according to the procedures in force and makes a proposal to the Head of Mission.
- Once the training needs have been collected, he / she develops the mission training plan, in collaboration with the Financial Coordinator and under the supervision of the Head of Mission, and participates in making it materially possible.
- He / She follows the course of national executives with their manager and is a source of proposals in the development of their skills and their evolution within the mission.
- He / She ensures the correct application of disciplinary sanctions and dismissal decisions in accordance with the Labor Code, the RI and the procedures in force.
- He / She monitors the update of national resource monitoring tools on a monthly basis: organization charts, database, HR management monitoring tool, etc., and ensures that these tools are shared with the managers concerned (CDM and coordination team). He / She guarantees compliance with the rules of communication related to human resources internally (general information meeting, meeting with staff representatives, etc.) and externally (with government bodies (CNPS, inspection work etc…).
- He / She supervises and ensures that the recruitment and contracting of temporary (daily) workers is carried out in compliance with the legal framework and procedures in force.
HR POLICY AND RISK ANALYSIS
- He / She identifies the blocking points, analyzes the legal framework (labor and social law, customs) and the context (constraints and opportunities specific to the country and to the operational strategy) and proposes to the Head of Mission if necessary update of the HR policy in terms of rules, procedures and tools relating to recruitment, remuneration, administrative management, disciplinary aspects and the management of individual / collective paths within the organization.
- He / She works in collaboration with the Financial Coordinator for proper consideration of budgetary constraints in terms of human resources.
- He / She follows the financial risks linked to HR policies in conjunction with the Financial Coordinator (end of contract indemnities, redundancy requalification, legal proceedings, etc.).
- He / He / She guarantees the respect and proper application of the legal framework and the HR and institutional policies of PUI.
- He / She performs at the request of the Head of Mission an audit and / or a benchmark of the remuneration grid (fixed and variable elements) and ancillary benefits (compulsory or not: medical cover, per diem, insurance, transport allowance, etc.) and proposes adaptations to this grid, if necessary, depending on the results and taking into account budgetary and legal constraints.
- Once validated by the Head of Mission, he / she ensures that these rules and procedures are known, understood and implemented by all team leaders, and that they have all the tools relating to their application (internal regulations, employment contract, job profile, memo, etc.).
- He / She makes regular field visits.
- He / She is responsible for the proper application of the rules of procedure and participates if necessary in the revision of these under the supervision of the Head of Mission.
- He / She makes sure to anticipate and prevent social conflicts, and participates in crisis management if necessary.
- He / She ensures the administrative follow-up of disputes
- He / She ensures to develop and maintain relations with other NGOs active in the country for the sharing of information concerning the management of human resources and administrative issues.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION OF NATIONAL HR TEAMS
- He / She supervises the HR team in coordination
- He / She checks the job profiles of the mission to ensure their compliance with the principles and procedures in force on the mission.
- He / She leads the working meetings, defines the priorities and the chronograms of activities of the HR department in coordination.
- He / She ensures and / or supervises the continuous training in PUI procedures and tools for the national members of the human resources team, in the capital and on the bases.
- He / She supports base administrators in the conduct of their HR activities, in a functional and non-hierarchical relationship.
- He / She draws up the action plan of the HR coordination department according to the objectives defined in the annual program of the mission.
ENSURE THE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT OF THE INTERNATIONAL STAFF OF THE MISSION
- He / She ensures the constitution of the administrative files of the international staff, and ensures that the documents of the expatriates are in conformity with the exercise of a work with PUI in the country.
- He / She supervises the management of arrivals and departures on / of the mission (travel documents, transit, return form, etc.) in coordination with the Head of Mission and the head office and ensures the follow-up of employment contracts and staff amendments expatriate.
- He / She organizes briefings and debriefings for all expatriates arriving or leaving the mission.
- He / She assists the Head of Mission and the head office with the administrative monitoring of leaves, breaks, contracts and endorsements for expatriate staff.
- Hold a Bacc + 3 in Management / Administrative Management / Human Resources, Bacc + 5 appreciated.
Professional experience :
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a position of responsibility, including at least 1 year in a similar position
- Have at least 1 year experience in the field of NGOs
Mandatory knowledge and skills
- Team management
- Social right
- Administrative management
- Training / Career management
- other (explain, list,)
- Pack Office
Personal characteristics required:
- Analytical skills
- Honest, transparency, integrity and impartiality
- Ability to work independently with initiative and sense of responsibility
- Ability to work with different partners with openness and appropriate communication
- Listening and decision-making skills
- Organization, rigor and respect for deadlines
- Calm / Serenity
- Team spirit
- Resistance to pressure and stress
- Position based in Yaoundé (Central region)
- Fixed-term contract.
- Salary defined according to the PUI salary scale.
- Starting in March 2022.
THE CANDIDATE MUST SEND HIS FILE (ONLY LETTER OF REASONS AND CV), TO THE MAIL ADDRESS Recruitment@premiere-urgence.cm WITH “THEN RRH MISSION” AS THE SUBJECT.
THE FILES PROVIDED WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO CANDIDATES.
THE CANDIDATE MUST EXPLICITLY SPECIFY THE POST FOR WHICH THEY ARE APPLICABLE.