House Keeper/Chef (BUEA)
Requisition ID: req17398
Job Title: House Keeper/Chef (BUEA)
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Buea, Cameroon
IRC has been present in Cameroon since January 2016 when the organization launched an assessment in response to increasing concerns for people affected by violence linked to Boko Haram. In March 2016, IRC opened its first field office in Maroua followed in February 2017 by a second field office in Kousseri, all in the Far North region, delivering lifesaving programming to increase access to water and improving hygiene practices in vulnerable displaced and host communities, cash programming to enable poor families to meet basic needs and improve food security, and protection programming, including meeting specific needs of women and girls.
The Country Program has grown considerably since 2018 it has scaled up its response activities in South West Region and North West Region respectively.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The cleaner covers a dual responsibilities for: (1) Keeping the Guest House in the Buea Office thoroughly clean at all time and on rotation during the weekends. She/he is also responsible for maintaining adequate stocks of appropriate cleaning materials and supplies, (2) capable of preparing both African and Western dishes at the Guest House and for IRC accommodated staff/guest.
- Clean the floor of the entire Guest House and any adjoining annexes or covered spaces must be swept and mopped
- Prepare assorted meals as need arises
- Clean the ceilings, walls, door frames, book shelves, tables and chairs should be dusted and kept cleaned
- The windows should be cleaned and washed.
- The rubbish bins in each room should be emptied and returned daily.
- The bathrooms/latrines should be swept and mopped thoroughly each day; bathrooms should be supplied with toilet paper and water as necessary.
- Keep track of cleaning procurement lists as needed.
- Does regular market shopping for meals; maintains minimum stocks of staple items.
- Tracks “kitty” contributions from staff accommodated and expenditures; presents receipts from merchants as available.
- Maintains and monitor potable water stock
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal: The House Keeper / Chef will work closely with the Admin/HR Assistant and all personnel in the IRC Buea Office or other staff occupying other sections of the premises.
- Minimum Qualification GCE Ordinary Level or its equivalent
- At least a year of prior experience in a similar position
- Must have basic knowledge in routine checking
Skills and Abilities:
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Ability to work for extra hours and on weekends if required
- Must have strong organizational skills;
- Must be physically fit to meet the demands of the job.
- proven computer literacy (Microsoft words and excel)
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Willing to adhere to and carry out the IRC rules.
- Good command in spoken and written in English and Pidgin-English, French is an asset
Presentation of the file
An up to date (CV); Cover Letter NIC Academic Credentials The names, positions, telephone number and e-mail address of at least two professional references; Applicants can deposit their application in a closed envelope at the IRC office in Buea, Bamenda or send by email.
NB: Deadline for the admissibility of files: june 27th, 2021 at 5 p.m. prompt.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged. Only the preselected candidates will be contacted.