HEALTH PROMOTER IEC OFFICER
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a Mobil Clinic Health Promotion IEC officer
Working locations: Based in Bamenda with frequent travel to other parts of the North West Region
Type of contract: CDD
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid.
Implement Health Promotion/IEC (Information, Education, Communication)activities with patients and local population to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics. Based in St. Joseph Hospital, Widikum.
• Inform patients and communities about MSF and services it provides.
• According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics
• Implement activities of health education and awareness, under the indications and supervision of the HP Supervisor.
• Under the guide of Manager, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviours observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
• Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
Context Specific Responsibilities for the HP Widikum
· Inform patients and caretakers about DWB principles and services, including organizing welcome sessions with all incoming patients and caretakers on rules, services, criteria, etc.
· Responsible for hygiene promotion in the hospital, including sensitization with patients, caretakers, and staff on hygiene themes
· Routine sensitization with patients and caretakers on health awareness topics linked to medical strategy (MH, SV, malaria/diarrhea prevention, malnutrition, etc.)
Community engagement Widikum
· Sensitizing the population in Widikum on Doctors without Borders, principles, and services
· Holding awareness sessions with community members on themes linked to the medical strategy (family planning, sexual violence, mental health, malnutrition, malaria, diarrhea, etc.)
· Gathering information about the context and security incidence
· Gathering feedback and community perceptions on DWB’s services
Decentralized Medical Care
· Responsible for training and capacity building of community health worker’s in health promotion activities
· Responsible for collecting feedback and perceptions from the community on DWB activities
· Responsible for data collection of health promotion activities for community health workers
Report to HP Manager: activities, problems encountered strengths and constraints.
· Education level in social science, social communication, nurse or teaching (flexible for right candidate)
· Minimum of 2 year Previous experience in health promotion, social mobilization, teaching, education, health, or social sciences
· English language and local languages are essential. Pidgin English is an asset.
· Competences: Results and quality orientation; teamwork and cooperation; Behavioural flexibility; Commitment to DWB principles; Stress Management; and Service Orientation.
All applications in ENGLISH (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: Health Promotion IEC officer. MC or NW.HPOMC22012020 or else be submitted in a sealed envelope at the Bamenda Office: Opposite Sacred Heart College, Mankon; Bamenda II Sub-division, Mezam District) Ref: Health Promotion IEC officer. MC for the attention of Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications: Tuesday 4th February 2020
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.