Head, Direct Banking at Ecobank Camerooun S.A.
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 21 August, 2019
Job type : Full Time
Head, Direct Banking
ECOBANK Cameroun S.A. is recruiting a Head, Direct Banking, ready to work across the national territory. The position is based in Douala.
I. JOB PURPOSE
To oversee and successfully lead the Direct Banking business which consists of the Youth and Classic (Mass Market) customer segments. For synergy and effective delivery, this role will also be responsible for the customer service and contact centre services of the Consumer bank.
II. KEY RESPONSABILITIES
Business and Financial performance
- Drive a sustainable business capable of delivering consistent double digit revenue and customer acquisition growth over the next 5 years
- Identify and analyse business growth opportunities in the local market and develop appropriate strategies for capturing the market
- Manage the process around market sizing, competitive analysis and sales approach to drive consistent growth of the Direct Banking business
- Effectively partner with the head of Consumer Distribution to drive acquisition and account servicing through low-cost channels
- Position the Ecobank Direct Banking brand as a comparator to top-tier FMCG or Telco brands
- Achieve cost income ratio targets of the business
- Conduct regular Business performance and profitability reviews.
- Drive customer service excellence and ensure competitive solutions and products are consistently delivered to direct Banking clients.
- Establish and sustain a customer-centric business culture across Consumer Banking, leveraging on people and technology
- Ensure high customer satisfaction as measured and monitored through Customer feedback surveys and Net promoter scores Leadership and people management
- Motivate and lead team to achieve consistent profitability through a clear process of target setting.
- Conduct regular people performance and productivity reviews and build healthy talent pipeline.
- Encourage and foster a congenial working environment to enable teams to achieve excellence through teamwork and operational efficiency.
- Ensure an agile and efficient workforce with right skills to meet strategic objectives
Process, control and operational performance
- Promote high ethical and integrity standards, and establish a culture within Direct Banking that establishes and demonstrates the importance of controls
- Ensure there is a strong internal control system in place and monitor its adequacy and effectiveness Strategic initiatives
- Lead strategic initiatives that will position Ecobank Direct Banking in your affiliate as a top-tier brand
- Champion the delivery of sales and service to Direct Banking customers through low-cost channels
- Drive a customer centric mind-set within the Direct Banking ecosystem, that will result in speedy product & service delivery
III. JOB CONTEXT
This position is responsible for executing the Direct Banking strategy within the affiliate to generate sustainable revenues from the Classic and Youth customer segments, through low-cost delivery channels. This role is also responsible for achieving unrivalled Customer Advocacy in the market through the delivery of superior service quality to all Consumer Banking customer segments.
IV. JOB PROFILE
Experience & Qualifications
- At least 8 years in leadership role supervising a business and people in the banking industry.
- Sound business and people development performance record
- Good Understanding of operations and technology and customer services as it enables the Direct banking business.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or related field of study.
- Executive training records and experience in customer services will be an advantage.
Skills, Capabilities & Personal attributes
- Strategic understanding of the Direct Banking business and good management skills.
- Ability to establish direction and drive execution; excellent at delivering and owning results
- Leadership and people development skills are required, in order to develop and maintain effective working relationships both externally and internally, with peers, direct reports and customers.
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- An understanding of the Agency banking model
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Technology savvy and good knowledge of electronic banking products and platforms
- Reports to Head, Consumer Banking
- Reports to Group Head, Direct Banking
APPLICATION PROCESS Please submit your CV and Cover letter to ECM-Recruit@ecobank.com latest August 30th, 2019 at 5:00 pm prompt, with the subject « Head, Direct Banking »
Ecobank Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of gender, religion, ethnicity, physical ability, etc…
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join Akwajobs A1 for updates, tips and info (WhatsApp) // Rejoignez Akwajobs A1 pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations (WhatsApp)
Join Akwajobs' Telegram Channel for updates, tips and info // Rejoignez la Chaîne de Akwajobs au Telegram pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations https://t.me/akwajobs
Apply for this job