Group Chief Financial Officer via Apave Internationale
Akwajobs (Yaoundé, Cameroun)
Posted : 9 February, 2019
Job type : Full Time
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is expected to :
- Provide both operational and programmatic support to the Group and its entities
- Supervise the finance unit and be the chief financial spokesperson for the organization
- Report directly to the Managing Director and directly assists the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting need and the securing of new funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission.
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Work with the CEO/MD on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on city, state, and national levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO/MD and COO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Provide the COO with an operating budget. Work with the COO to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements. This includes:
Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
Oversee all payroll activity for staff
Work with the procurement manager to oversee all procurement activities.
Ensure the safeguard of financial assets of the organization
Work in close collaboration with the internal audit team and ensure co-ordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring audit issues are resolved, and all financial compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with OHADA and other relevant requirements and other required supplementary schedules and information is attached and available.
Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the on the Audit/Finance Committee.
Monitor banking activities of the organization.
Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
Serve as one of the trustees and oversee administration and financial reporting of the organization's Savings and Retirement Plan.
Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations with funders and pension plan requirements, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place. Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
- interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and contractual guidelines,
- ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel, and 3) monitoring compliance.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Laws, regulations, and rules governing financial reporting and obligations
- Resources of public and private social service and related agencies.
- Foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships.
- Create and assess financial statements and budget documents.
- Recognize and be responsive to the needs of all clients of the organization, including funding organizations, the Board of Directors, local community advocates, participants, and employers. Supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- French speaking (an added advantage)
- Proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge and experience with Odoo will be an added advantage
- Work experience in Africa (added advantage)
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- Results oriented; strategic thinker and planner
- Work late hours
- High level of integrity and ethical moral fibre
- Be able to work under pressure
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: A completed Master's degree in finance from an accredited University.
- Preferred CPA/CIMA or CA
- Experience: 7 to 10 years experience at an Executive level either a Chief Financial Officer .
- 7 to 10 years of financial experience and management experience with the day-to-day
Apply for this job