Graduate Trainee at Colgate Palmolive Cameroon
Do you want to come to work with a smile and leave with one as well? In between those smiles, your day consists of working in a global organization, focusing and collaborating, having stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions!
If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be!
Our dependable oral, personal and home care, promoting employees, and sustainability commitments make us a company passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities. The pride in our brands a workplace that encourages creative thinking, champions experimentation, and promotes authenticity which has contributed to our enduring success.
If you want to work for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile...every single day.
Scope of responsibility:
- The Graduate Trainee role will be for a fixed term contract of 18 months and is responsible for managing financial documents such as statutory and vendors, ensuring compliance in global (GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP, SOX) and local accounting standards through the placement of effective controls and guidelines to achieve a high level of accuracy.
- Your expertise in standardization, simplification, digitalization and continuous improvement is important to this role.
Key Responsibilities :
AP Payment - Local Vendors:
- Ensure Urgent payments are submitted each Monday by COB after FM approval.
- Ensure payments lists are submitted after FM approval to CBS AP team by 11am each Wednesday and on Weekly and invoice due date basis.
- Monitor all staff vendors and ensure there is no item aged to 60 days. Request Expenses reports from employees to clear all cash advance made.
- Create POs suppliers goods and services using Proforma Invoice, Purchase Request, contract and any relevant supporting document duly approved by the FM. Use relevant GLs accounts and cost centers for each type of expenses.
- Ensure all invoices received are approved by the head of department and FM. Once Invoice approved by the head of department, check the accuracy of the items an amounts before submitting to FM for approval.
- Ensure timely posting of expenses notes reports.
- Ensure all invoices received and approved are submitted for posting to CBS AP team open test (SAP tcode : ZVIM) every day.
- Follow up "open test" platform and ensure all pending items are cleared.
· Ensure there is no invoice dated before PO date/creation. No invoice dated before vendor creation.
· Ensure clearing is done for all local and staff vendor’s accounts.
· Prepare reconciliation of key local vendors (DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING in Cameroon, DHL & BOLLORE in Gabon) month end and discuss with FM for his approval for month end closing.
- All invoices received each month are scanned and posted, otherwise advise for accrual monthly.
AP Payment – Interco Vendors :
· Ensure Urgent payments are submitted each Monday by COB after FM approval.
· Work with the GA and CS&L to ensure all ICO and foreign vendors invoices have all documents required by the regulation are available to allow our bank to release payments make abroad.
· Submit ICO payments lists by the 18th to CBS after FM approval and ensure all documents related to these ICO payments are submitted to Citibank for payment.
· Ensure clearing is done for all local ICO and Foreign vendor’s accounts
Required Qualifications and requirements:
- Master's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Proficient knowledge on GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS (as applicable) and other local standards accounting.
- Awareness and understanding of the scope of the job.
- Fluent French and English is necessary for this position.
- Strong Excel and Google Sheets skills
- SAP Proficiency
- Excellent analytics and problem solving skills.
- Quick adaption to digitalization tools.
- Confidentiality level for Vital financial/company information.
- Time Management and meeting deadlines
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
This position will be filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants should post their CV on this link : https://tinyurl.com/2p8bnszk
Deadline : 08 February 2022
Get hire faster, quicker and easier with Akwajobs Coaching, click to register: https://forms.gle/qbKTS5ntCyiWGqw47 or a talk to career coach 681 390 326
Obtenez une embauche plus rapide, plus rapide et plus facile avec Akwajobs Coaching, cliquez pour vous inscrire : https://forms.gle/qbKTS5ntCyiWGqw47 ou parlez au coach de carrière 681 390 326
Les recrutements au Cameroun sont gratuits, prenez garde si des frais vous sont demandés et n'envoyez jamais de l'argent par transfert électronique (MOMO ou OM), ni de pièces personnelles comme votre CNI
Recruitments in Cameroon are free, be careful if fees are requested and never send money by electronic transfer (MOMO or OM), or personal documents like your CNI