General Manager Regulatory and Corporate Affairs at MTN Cameroon
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 9 September, 2019
Job type : Full Time
GM Regulatory and Corporate Affairs
Staff Leadership and Management
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff motivation is high to achieve high performance areas.
- Ensure skill transfer for staff development, motivation and business continuity.
- Guide and direct suppliers and third parties in achieving Opco objectives.
- Identify staff training and development needs and implement necessary actions.
- Manage team (including recruitment, on-boarding, attrition)
- Set goals and objectives for direct reports, monitor progress and maintain motivation
- Set up appropriate structure to meet departmental management objectives
- Provide an advisory function on governance and best practices in client
- Develop the strategy for the corporate affairs function in line with global best practice in order to ensure that the organization is viable both internally and externally and as a social and financial entity
- Provide leadership and management with the visibility; control and decision support required to understand and manage corporate affairs; as well as provide the team with the expertise to build the corporate affairs capabilities in order to drive effectiveness and efficiencies within the team
- Prepare the annual work plan and ensure the effective execution thereof in order to ensure the business objectives are achieved
- Ensure and report on compliance to licensed terms and conditions; create and maintain working relationships with regulators; and influence policy towards a just regulatory environment
- Lead MTN OPCO to best practice through the social impact achieved by Foundations and by ensuring that relevant objectives and targets for social and environmental issues are integrated into the overall business planning and deployed throughout the organization
- Facilitate effective communication with employees and other stakeholders; responding to their issues and material concerns; cultivating healthy relationships (understanding; trust; satisfaction and commitment)
- Position MTN OPCO as a service provider of choice by using media and other corporate communication channels to tell the MTN OPCO story
- Provide recommendations to key stakeholders regarding interconnect strategies and frameworks
- Prepare; monitor and control the annual departmental budget to ensure expenditure is in line with the business plan
Apply via LinkedIn. A LinkedIn Account is needed.
Join Akwajobs A1 for updates, tips and info (WhatsApp) // Rejoignez Akwajobs A1 pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations (WhatsApp)
Join Akwajobs' Telegram Channel for updates, tips and info // Rejoignez la Chaîne de Akwajobs au Telegram pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations https://t.me/akwajobs
Apply for this job