Fleet and maintenance Assistant (01 for Buea, 01 for Bamenda) at IRC
Requisition ID: req26739
Job Title: Fleet and maintenance Assistant (01 for Buea, 01 for Bamenda)
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Buea, Cameroon
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, rebuild and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC is operating in Cameroon since 2016 in the Far North Region delivering lifesaving programming to increase access to water and improving hygiene practices, supporting people to meet their basic needs, and providing GBV response programming for affected communities. Based on the recent humanitarian crisis in the Southwest and Northwest regions of Cameroon IRC is expanding its intervention in this zone to provide humanitarian assistance to affected communities. With its Head/Coordination Office in Yaoundé, the regular sectors in IRC Cameroon are: Environmental Health (EH), Women Protection & Empowerment (WPE), Education and Child protection, Economic Recovery & Development (ERD) and Protection & Rule of Law (PRoL).
1. Post description
The Transportation and Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for:
1) Develop and maintain mechanisms for managing transportation assets
- In conjunction with the program and support teams, make arrangements for vehicle rental, movement plans, assignment, and release of vehicles
- In conjunction with the Warehouse, ensure the refueling of vehicles/generators
- Contribute to fuel consumption analysis
- Ensure that vehicles are in good condition and that routine maintenance operations are carried out according to established maintenance plans; and that they are equipped with emergency and safety features
- Ensure that the drivers of the vehicles/motorcycles respect the IRC protocols regarding transport and movements (filling in documents, safety rules...)
2) Oversee the general maintenance activities of the buildings, generators and utilities
- Ensure that security Guards complete generator tracking documents correctly
- Ensure that the water and electricity installations are functional
- Ensure periodic inspections and implementation of any repairs
- ensures that all office and guest house and buildings are well maintained
- ensures that all assets are in good working order
3) Team management
- Supervise the drivers and guards (planning, meetings, leave, follow-up.)
- Follow the work done by the day laborers (quality, time sheets...)
- Contribute to internal reports (transportation, maintenance)
- Ensure the collection of quality data related to the support activities
- Ensure regular communication with the Supply Chain Manager to integrate priorities in the implementation of support activities and programs.
- Perform other duties as requested by immediate supervisor
- commits to abide by the IRC Code of Conduct and Ethics (the IRC Way) and the Purchasing Procedures and Rules.
- Is committed to ensuring the optimal implementation of these policies in his/her work environment.
- Is available to perform any other ad hoc task deemed useful by his/her direct supervisor or by the IRC
- Be of Cameroonian nationality.
- Advanced degree or relevant professional experience and qualification
- Knowledge of basic inventory and asset management systems and forms.
- Skill in writing small reports
- Good mathematical skills.
- Good use of computer tools with an emphasis on spreadsheets (Excel).
- Experience in driving off-road vehicles in the Buea and Bamenda areas, towns and fields
- Experience with an international humanitarian NGO
- Be familiar with the management and supervision of a team of drivers or have 1 year experience in a similar position
- Familiarization with the Microsoft Package
- Fluent in English
- Team player
- Autonomy in work
- Person with strong integrity/probability
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of the local environment and culture
1. Composition of the application
- Cover letter that clearly explains why you feel you are capable of taking on this position.
- Up-to-date resume.
- Photocopy of diplomas.
- Photocopy of the documents that justify the experience of the candidate (certificate of internship, work certificate, certificates of services rendered ...);
- Names, functions, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references.
2. Mode of Application
Applications should be deposited at our office in Buea at Camp-Sic Bokwango Road; in Bamenda at Up Station Governor's Street or you can apply Online through the Organization's Website, no later than 20th April 2022.
Application File Must consists of:
- Application/Motivation Letter
- Updated CV
- Academic Credentials
- Previous Work Attestations
NB: Only Selected candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Apply here: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/requisition/26739/application?c=rescue&fbclid=IwAR07wwroF4ViOWEQW9DlQBRGWTYim15smygJ5fY_KXLudM3KaAYjPobWJAk&jobboardid=0
Service de rédaction rapide de CV - Toute l'aide dont vous avez besoin en matière de CV
Contact : 674 542 410 pour obtenir un devis, effectuer un paiement ou poser des questions.
Fast CV Writing Service - All the CV Help You Need
Contact: Contact: 674 542 410 to get a quote, make a payment or ask questions