Akwajobs (Buea, Cameroon)
Posted : 28 June, 2022
Job type : Full Time
Request No: req28601
Job title: Finance Officer
Type of contract: Fixed term
Occupancy rate: Full time
Open to expats: Flexible
Place of work: Buea, Cameroon
SCOPE OF WORK:
Finance Officer will have the role of managing aspects of finance in coordination with Main Office in Yaoundé. The finance officer will depend on a hierarchical link of Field Coordinator of Buea but will depend functionally to finance Manager in Yaoundé.
Roles & Responsibilities
Coordinate the overall field finance role & adequately cover staff absence during various trainings for IRC system training by working closely with field support and program team and with Field coordinate.
- Responsible for processing the payments for Bank and cash transactions.
- Coordinate with banks and financial institution with regard to project activities.
- Ensure completeness of payment documents in compliance with IRC and Donor policies and procedure
- Ensuring internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts and transfers.
- Update the cash and bank books on daily basis with proper reconciliation of closing balances.
- Review all the payments documents for proper coding and supporting documents.
- Keeping updated records of prepayments in respect to staff insurance, rents for all programs and their monthly amortization. Also
- keeping track of their utility bills and travel expenses.
- Manage the classification of accounting and administrative documents
- Review Purchase Orders and Purchase Requests for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval.
- Perform the projected monthly cash in coordination with relevant team members and send it to the Finance team in Yaoundé
Administrative and compliance duties
- Observe the procedures of purchase at the time of delivery of advances.
- Perform regular cash count with the Field Coordinator
- Oversee the payment turn-over period to avoid delays in handling requests submitted to finance
- Oversee proper and systematic filing of all payment requests, ensure regular and proper archiving both online and hardcopy
- documents and submit to Yaounde office timely.
- In liaison with Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered but not captured in financial reports
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of the staff under his supervision
- Report to the Finance Manager any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and sites on policy and procedures.
Project Monitoring duties
- Conduct BVA review regularly, attend project implementation meetings and follow upon action points
- Assist in monthly and quarterly financial reports to be reviewed by Finance Manager/Assistant Finance Controller.
- Perform other duties, as necessary and/or as requested
- Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting and knowledge in administration or Advance diploma in accounting from recognized
- College / Institutions with minimum of three (3) years of Finance experience and administration.
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (Microsoft Office software, SUN System) will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should be mature, with stable personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills and proficiency in French.
Place of Submission of Applications
The complete files should be deposited online here https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/28601?c=rescue&source=unjobs
or can also be deposited in an anonymous envelope bearing the mention: "Finance Officer, Buea Office" in the offices of IRC in Maroua district Pitoire; Yaoundé behind Usine Bastos, Kousseri Residential Area, Buea Camp sic, Bamenda Governor's Street
NB: Deadline for admissibility of files: July 8th, 2022, at 5 pm prompt.
Applications from Female candidates and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Apply for this job