Finance Reporting Analyst at Novartis Pharma Services AG
Akwajobs (Yaoundé, Cameroun)
Posted : 10 July, 2019
Job type : Full Time
Finance Reporting Analyst - Cameroon
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives? We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks. And where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine. PURPOSE: The associate manages the GL Accounting, Reporting/Systems, enabling the execution of quality services. This role supports having systems, documentation, compliance and reporting in place and supports continuous improvement projects to provide highly effective and efficient end-to-end processes to Novartis Pharma in Cameroon. As Accounting Lead of a Country Group he/she will provide financial stewardship of company assets and activities by ensuring an accurate assessment of the local entity's financial condition. Supply chain
1. GL Accounting
- Process and Review manual journal entries
- Ensure proper accounting of financial transactions and accounting specific questions are well addressed and solved, with escalations to Technical Accounting if required
- Actively manage the review of accounts to ensure all financial transactions are valid and recorded to ensure accuracy of reported data, perform variance analysis and plausibility checks using different sources of information
- Manage period-end closing and reporting in accordance with local laws and Novartis required standards • Ensure proper functionality and process linkages from/to other systems, e.g. payroll
- Perform the balance sheet account reconciliations and ensure timely resolution and clean of overdue items identified
2. FRA Business Partnering:
- Business Partners with local FRA matters, being the single point of contact for FRA matters, ensuring that business objectives are met through provision of timely, accurate and relevant financial information and support.
- Responsible for month-end closing in SAP and alignment with accounting teams to ensure accruals, depreciation and period close are completed in good time.
- Ensure that figures reported in SAP are correct and collaborate closely with key Stakeholder such as BPA
- Consult and support BPA and FSC in technical and appliance questions
- Ensure proper master data maintenance
- Supervise and educate associates of master data maintenance of cost centers, internal orders and projects (WBS-Elements) in timely manner, taking corrective action as needed.
- Proactively challenge the Status Quo, making fact based recommendations while working closely with ERP Support teams.
4. G/L & Fixed Assets
- Lead balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accurate financial data with no unreconciled balance
- Resolve Fixed Asset related issues and disputes, escalate as required or coordinate with various departments to resolve
- Manage balance sheet reconciliations of allocated accounts and ensure timely resolution and cleanup of overdue items identified
- Actively lead the Fixed Asset preparation of month-end financial reporting
- Coordinate the annual fixed assets physical inventory/impairment analysis with the divisions
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, follow-up on any audit issues and implement correcting measures
6. Accounts Payable
- Ensure proper document management (incl. Document reception, sorting of accounting documents, scanning and validation)
- Processing of PO and non-PO invoices, Credit Notes and Down Payments processing including interactions with 0&0 providers
- Timely resolution of Invoices which have a price and quantity deviations and follow-ups including debit balances
- Ensuring controls are in place and executed for Payments run processing
- Oversight of Goods Receipt I Invoice Receipt and timely clearing
- Providing input for RTP Accruals and month-end-closing
- Ensure alignment with AP policy, regulatory requirement
- Process supplier inquiries
7. Travel & Expenses
- Process accounting of advance payments
- Travel and Expense Claims including receipts processing and payment of claims
- General and Customer service including delegations, reminders and reporting
- Query handling for end-users and outsourced operations
- Ensure compliance with policy and performing checks
8. Support to Supply chain manager
- Monthly and bi-monthly data collection from distributors and wholesalers (sales, stock and outstanding) of the previous month and update Inland sales template.
- Data review with Commercial Operations Managers before transmitting to SCM manager for analysis, validation and diffusion.
- Support preparation of Pre-S&OP (files preparation and consolidation)
- Support business on all request related to Inland sales data.
- Ensure all processes, policies and procedures are clearly defined, fully documented, in line with Novartis standards and consistent with best practices as well as aligned with the Global Blueprint (when applicable)
- Ensure compliance with Novartis Accounting Manual (NAM), Novartis Financial Controls Manual (NFCM)
- And regulatory requirements and implementation in internal guidelines
- Ensure application of agreed Novartis control procedures and actively support to deliver SOX
- Promote a strong and control environment and follow up on audit issues and implement correcting measures
- 1-4 years’ experience in finance or accounting with in-depth functional expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Previous experience in managing Financial Services
- SAP knowledge
- Experience of managing projects driving performance e.g. ERP Implementation and Good inter-personal skills
- University level degree in Business Administration / Economics / Finance or Chartered Accountant / MBA desirable
- Fluent in French (written and spoken), good level of English required
- Basic Excel Skills
Apply for this job