Finance Officer at Catholic Relief Services
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT - Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services a Development Organization is seeking qualified, experienced, and highly motivated Finance Officer who will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies, and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team, you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services. This position is primarily focused on working with KIDSS partner (subrecipients) based in the Littoral and West regions, including Northwest, West and Southwest. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
The position is based in Bafoussam/Cameroon
- Review and supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
- Review financial reports (advances and liquidations) from partners.
- With the Grants Management and Compliance team, lead capacity building of partners, including informal and formal training, one-on-one guidance on best practices, and review of partner policies and procedures.
- Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts.
- Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Help evaluate subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and help strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
- Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed,
- Help share information with subrecipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
- Manage zonal office operations, including but not limited to vendor management, local payments, and office maintenance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of two years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
- Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of financial reporting software a plus.
- Strong demonstrated experience in the areas of Accounting and Finance.
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Extremely flexible and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Very good negotiation and relationship management skills
Required Travel: Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Application files including Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon or by email to: email@example.com specifying “Finance Officer- Bafoussam “in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: March 28th, 2022, at 4 :30pm
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
This position is a local position and only open for National Cameroonians in country.
Females’ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that this organization requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the agency Safeguarding Policy.