Field Service Engineer, International at VOLVO GROUP
Posted : 8 January, 2019
Job type : Full Time
You will have the overall responsibility for providing a high level of technical support to private Importers workshops and customers when necessary and continuously communicating and periodically visiting the network to obtain maximum customer satisfaction level.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Support importers to keep their customers uptime to a maximum
- Delivering technical support to the Network (importers) or end customer, primarily on location
- Ensure that Volvo Group rules are applied on : way of working , customer approach, technical knowledge and workshop equipment
- Keep the Network informed about the latest information
- Secure the availability and updates technical documentation within the Network
- Drive and Monitor Technical Campaigns if problems related to Product Quality, in close contact with the Quality & Warranty manager
- Report the quality issues via Volvo Group Tools
- Judgment on exceptional warranty and goodwill claims
- Check and analyze exceptional parts replaced within warranty
- Delivering technical support to other internal departments within organization
- Product quality follow up
- Create, maintain and publish local service information
- Ensuring the private Importers workshops are implementing the correct repair procedures and performing correct repairs by periodically visiting these workshops, by making evaluations of competence levels of the private dealer workshop Technicians, service equipment & special tools and giving feedback (with dealer visit report)
- Providing information to the Uptime Manager of International Region, by communicating all technical product related faults through Volvo Group systems and following up the cases
- Ensuring the effective usage of warranty and goodwill budget by evaluating and inspecting the cases
- Compiling quality reports for high-frequency failure cases and organizing shipment of parts for further investigation together with following up of connected quality journals
- Provides helpdesk function to workshop network by administering Volvo Group systems.
- Develop strong technical skills in area of responsibility
- Identify technical training skills of importer staff
- Coordinating 24/7 Roadside Assistance operations when applicable
- Ability to use Truck and fleet information systems advise customers on driver behaviour, areas for improvement, driver training needs
- Supporting the Sales team when they need technical knowledge support.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Under graduation degree in mechanical or engineering such as; Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, etc. or equivalent experience
- Strong technical knowledge of trucks and heavy transport vehicles and aftermarket solutions
- Good knowledge of English both in written and verbally
- Customer oriented mindset
- Autonomous, confident, reliable and inspired by working in a fast changing international environment
- Good communication skills, highly motivated, result oriented, open to team work, good presentation skills
- Highly target-driven, self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; open to change; analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
There are two positions available as expatriate. One is located in Accra (Ghana), the other one is located in Douala (Cameroon).
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
You like working with different cultures and you're thrilled for an experience abroad ? Then you can apply directly on our site.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Since 1894, Renault Trucks supplies transport professionals with robust tools and robust relationships. The vehicles (from 2.8 to 120 tons) and services offering are adapted to different transport applications and contribute to reduce customers’ operational costs. With Renault Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date:31-Jan-2019
Apply for this job