Field Coordinator Buea at Intersos
Akwajobs (Buea, Cameroon)
Posted : 14 May, 2019
Job type : Full Time
Contract duration: CDD
With the support and supervision of the Project Managers, the Field Coordinator is responsible for ensuring efficient implementation of the project's activities in the assigned area in accordance with the protection principles and core humanitarian standards. The Field Coordinator provides ongoing support and guidance to the respective staff to ensure that the projects meet high quality and best practice standards, in addition to prioritizing the safety and security of beneficiaries and staff.
Missions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that activities are efficiently implemented in the field according to the work and budget plan.
- Ensure that protection principles are understood, maintained and enforced among the team members.
- Liaise with all stakeholders: service providers, local authorities, beneficiaries and other community-based structures for strengthening planification of activities and synergies for community participation in line with INTERSOS strategy.
- Maintain smooth communication and coordination between the teams in the field in South West region across the 2 bases in South West (Kumba and Mamfe), in Buea base and the management.
- Maintain smooth communication and coordination with the Field Coordinator in the North West region to harmonize the work and reporting between the two regions.
- Inform the management on a weekly basis about any difficulty encountered in the field affecting implementation of the project activities.
- Provide support and guidance to the staff to ensure that the implementation procedures of activities are in line with the Project Description and that the staff comply with INTERSOS internal rules.
- Collaborate with the technical staff (Protection Project Manager and SGBV Specialist) to plan and monitor the correct implementation of specific activities in the field.
- In consultation with the field team, compile and submit timely reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Participate to protection and coordination meetings upon request
- Be available for eventual trainings provided by INTERSOS or external stakeholders.
- Represent INTERSOS in the area of intervention and maintain positive coordination and relationships with NGOs / INGOs and local institutions present in the field.
- Perform other related duties upon request to support the project team and the project implementation process.
- Work in close collaboration with the logistician in order to ensure staff are provided with cars in good condition and on time; collect and submit on a monthly basis to the logistic the request of the materials needed for the implementation of activities by the teams in south bases.
- Submit to the Project Manager the timely Purchase Requests in line with the activity and budget plan on a weekly basis.
- Suggest new activities to implement according with the beneficiaries needs.
- Conduct weekly visits to the field unless requested otherwise by the project manager.
- Oversee and ensure implementation of monitoring activities and ensure timely reporting of incidents of Human Rights violations.
- uphold the security of the staff through close coordination with the Security officer and Project Manager in accordance with the INTERSOS security SOPs: Share security information with the Security Officer of South West Region and the project manager.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Business, Economics or related field.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Driving License
- Team player
- High flexibility
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of relationship building.
- Fluency in English, Pigin, French is a plus.
Send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the object the position for which you apply : “Field Coordinator Buea”
If it is not possible to send the CV and Cover letter via e-mail ( in PDF format) as explained above, CVs could be delivered at INTERSOS Yaounde (Route Rond-point Bastos) ou Maroua (Quartier Pitoare, in front of the hotel) Kousseri, Mora, Mokolo, Buea and Bamenda. The details of the job offer can be collected at the different INTERSOS premises mentioned above
Please apply no later than 25 May 2019 at 5 PM
Apply for this job