English/French Translator at UBA Cameroon S.A.
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 4 March, 2019
Job type : Full Time
- Ensure quality translation into French language of relevant documents approved by different strategic business/support Groups.
- Function as a Francophone Interpreter during in-house seminars/workshops and other activities on needs basis.
- Assist in coordinating French language teaching sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in translating UBA official documents from English to French for various business/support Groups including but not limited to policies, procedures, reports, correspondence, newsletters, training materials;
- Partners with the internal communication team to produce our communication media in French;
- Assists in translating/proofreading general business documents translated into French to ensure standardization across the Group;
- Assists in interpreting from English into French for executives during business meetings.
- Assists in developing French training curricula for non-native speaking staff that will enhance cross mobility amongst Group Office/country subsidiaries staff and ensures that staff nominated are properly trained;
- Assists in conducting training sessions in French;
- Assists in conducting French training for non-francophone staff through various learning and development methods such as E-learning and traditional classroom teaching;
- Ensures implementation and strict adherence to the French training curricula developed;
- Assists in setting up UBA language Library and Laboratory.
Minimum Education Qualifications
- A Bachelors’ degree in languages (English/French)
- Professional degree in Translation & Interpretation (English/French) Work experience requirements
- 4 -7 years’ work experience as an English/French translator
- Work experience as a translator in a financial institution or as an English/French teacher will be added advantage
- Knowledge of banking operations
- Good training knowledge
- Good knowledge of the bank’s products, services and processes
- Good understanding of French and English languages
- Proficiency in speaking English
- Proficient verbal & written communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Adaptability to different cultures
- Creative writing
- Good presentation skills
All applications should be sent to email@example.com
Deadline of application: 12th March 2019
Sponsored by :
Apply for this job