Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
PROFIL DE POSTE
Emergency Supply Chain Coordinator
Program Influencing and Implementation Area Coordinator (PIIAC)
Travel may be required: Yes
Type of contract:
Fixed Term employment
Contract duration: 12 months
Purpuse of the ROLE
Working in 54 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively. Plan is committed to responding to children affected by emergencies in the countries of our operation.
Given the current humanitarian crisis in the Far-North Region of Cameroon, Plan International is engaged in providing a nexus humanitarian and development intervention to address humanitarian needs, while simultaneously investing in the strengthening of communities’ resilience and social cohesion. Its operations are implemented in key sectors of Protection (Child Protection and SGBV), Education, Livelihood, Food Assistance and Nutrition, WASH and NFIs in coordination with all other humanitarian institutions.
With new funding from various donors, Plan International will continue in 2020-2021 his response in the region affected, through projects implementation in the sectors above noted. Under the Administrative department, this position is responsible for the technical management, leading, and oversee of the logistics, procurement and warehousing operation for all Plan International’ response in the region. He/She will ensure quality and norms in the logistics, procurement and warehousing activities implementation.
The post-holder will organize and manage the support functions above noted to accompany the projects implementation. The holder is responsible for assessment, design/revision, start-up, budget management, and implementation of emergency support functions activities for multiple projects. He/She will provide technical support to actively put into place as well as to ensure the management of a strong supply chains, support and capacity build the logistics, procurement and warehousing staffing to provide high quality logistical operating platform for Plan’s emergency response in the Far North of Cameroon.
Main RESPONSABILITIES :
- Providing functional leadership and support within emergency response settings, including the assessment, design, start-up, budget management, and implementation of humanitarian supply chain activities for multiple projects, and Emergency Response Manager
- Rapid response workforce planning including recruitments, intensive training and situational, supportive management for logistics, procurement and administrative staff as necessary.
- Coordination and reporting including Logistics Cluster engagement and civil-military liaison in collaboration with the security officer.
- Lead and/or oversee the rapid scale up of procurement activities including the identification of international and local sourcing options, management of downstream supply pipeline, contracting of goods, services and works suppliers, and liaising with programmes and finance and whilst at all times providing assurance, implementation and appropriate controls.
- Provide oversight and direction to inventory and warehouse management across multiple projects including GIK management which may include setting up of temporary warehouses and transit hubs, renting of warehousing space, contingency stock management and the receipt of donations.
- Oversight and development of fleet management and transport operations for emergency response including co-ordinating with existing country office operations to identify needs, acquire and utilise a variety of modes to meet the emergency response requirements needs safely and effectively.
- Responsible for the rapid identification and setting up of office and staff accommodation, and other premises in a changing and volatile environment.
- Coordinate asset management for all emergency response assets including; donor liaison, disposal plans asset verification, compliant purchasing.
- Ensure suitable accommodation and transport is in place for deployed humanitarian response staff, and consultants, together with guidelines and communication needs to keep such personnel informed, briefed, and safe.
- Work with programmes team to coordinate emergency response distributions, including multi-partner planning, site set up, security, local authority liaison, and material resource planning.
- Providing technical input in project operational planning, enabling fast and effective delivery to meet humanitarian needs, as well as ensuring that they are in line with donor guidelines and operations manual regarding implementation and reporting.
- Collaboration with other response team members (e.g. market assessment and infrastructure/supply chain assessments.
- Be an active team member in the kick-off of new projects.
- Support the preparation of logistics/procurement budget of the Response (both at project and master budget levels)
- Work closely with ICT Officer to organize the installation of office communications / information management facilities and systems where necessary.
- Provide supervision and oversight of Program Unit operations to ensure a clean, hygienic and risk-free working environment in line with occupational health and safety guidelines.
- Oversee and coordinate efficient use of Plan International resources during and after procurement.
- Evaluates adequacy of office space requirements, ensure identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems, coordinating enhancements as necessary.
Ensuring that contracts, leases and other agreements are properly maintained and updated.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED TO ACHIEVE THE JOB OBJECTIVES:
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of leading emergency response supply chain function(s) at a country level, in disaster response contexts.
- Experience in start-ups and implementation of donor grant projects, good knowledge of donor rules and regulations across humanitarian supply chain functions.
- Technical background across all aspects logistics and supply chain management, including, procurement, warehousing, fleet management and humanitarian distributions.
- Experience of contributing to market and rapid needs assessments, contributing to emergency response and project plans.
- Experience and knowledge of humanitarian supply chain management.
- Knowledge and experience of risk and fraud identification and management, including short term mitigation strategies.
- Knowledge and/or experience of non-traditional, non-direct supply chain delivery modalities, including working with local partners and working with markets and cash based delivery would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of working with an ERP (e.g. SAP) or other supply chain management IT solutions would be an advantage.
- Ability to coordinate and organise within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills with an ability to focus both on internal issues as well as external demands.
- Proven people management & interpersonal skills (role model in motivating, developing and supporting others), including performance management and the ability to apply situational leadership and applying coaching methods.
- Ability to communicate in French is an advantage since the humanitarian response is in a French speaking Region of Cameroon.
- Committed to Plan International’s strategy and values.
- Experienced with working with senior management.
- Team player and relationship builder.
- Able to work calmly under extreme pressure, volatile & insecure environment and at unpredictable (long) hours during emergency response.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
Closing Date: 03 Fevrier 2022
NB: Apply here: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Maroua-Emergency-Supply-Chain-Coordinator/764599501/
How do I land myself for a job? Making your resume stand out? Register for Akwajobs Coaching at https://forms.gle/qbKTS5ntCyiWGqw47
Be confident, performant & get promoted. Register for Akwajobs Coaching at https://forms.gle/qbKTS5ntCyiWGqw47
Prepping for an interview? Want to seal the job? 90% SUCCESS - TALK TO A COACH 681 390 326
Comment puis-je décrocher un emploi ? Faire ressortir votre CV ? Inscrivez-vous au coaching Akwajobs chez https://forms.gle/qbKTS5ntCyiWGqw47
Apply for this job