Drivers at Chemonic International inc.
Posted : 1 October, 2018
Job type : Full Time
- JOB TITLE: Driver
- PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC- PSM) Cameroon
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain Program (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities.
The driver is responsible for providing effective logistics and transportation support for Cameroon project staff.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As Driver, the Consultant is responsible for the following principle duties and responsibilities:
- Drive assigned project vehicle daily, as assigned and/or pre-approved by the Operations and Administrative Assistants, including scheduled field trips, project-related trips, and other driving assignments as required.
- Ensure passenger safety by obeying traffic laws, driving carefully, requiring the usage of passenger safety belts, and not using a mobile phone or GPS system while in motion.
- Clean the interior and exterior of the assigned vehicle daily.
- Check assigned vehicle(s) daily (tires, water, oil, fuel, radiator, fan belt, brake fluid, wipers, lights, and signals) and conduct maintenance as necessary to ensure that the vehicle is fully operational and safe to drive.
- Perform emergency repairs on assigned vehicle(s), including changing flat tires.
- Fulfill project reporting requirements and maintain accurate records on vehicle routing (dates, mileage, destinations, passenger lists and signatures), vehicle condition, and fuel consumption and ensure records are submitted in a timely manner.
- Initiate and supervise any repairs required on assigned vehicles with Operations Manager approval.
- Keep stocked first-aid kit in vehicle at all times.
- Initiate and supervise routine periodic maintenance of assigned project vehicles, including oil and filter changes, tune-ups, and professional cleaning based on manufacturer’s instructions on optimum maintenance requirements.
- Ensure all vehicle documentation is up-to-date and valid, any need for renewal should be reported to designated supervisors.
- Facilitate administrative transactions with governmental and other institutions.
- Carry out procedures for clearing project commodities from customs as needed.
- Move office furniture or other equipment from one place to another, within a reasonable weight limit.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge and understanding of security and evacuation procedures and routes, as dictated in the field security policy manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of secondary school required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a driver; experience working for international organizations or NGOs highly preferred.
- Understanding of auto mechanics required; certification in mechanics or automobile maintenance strongly preferred.
- Must be in good physical health.
- Demonstrated versatility and integrity.
- Availability for overtime work and field travel as required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Basic proficiency in English and fluency in French required.
- Valid Cameroonian license and impeccable driving record required.
Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position with locations in Garoua, Maroua, and Douala, Cameroon.
Location of Assignment
The location of assignment is one in Maroua, one in Garoua, and one in Douala, Cameroon, with intermittent travel throughout the country as needed. Supervision
The driver will report directly to the GHSC-PSM Cameroon Project’s Operations and Administrative Assistants based in each office. Application Instructions: Please send electronic submissions of your CV, Cover Letter and academic credentials by filling out the application using the following link by October 15, 2018: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/299ece4c2a4e4b76898853b426a38da1.
No telephone inquiries please.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Apply for this job