Driver / Messenger at the British High Commission Yaounde
Akwajobs (Yaoundé, Cameroun)
Posted : 23 December, 2016
Job type : Full Time
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
To be driver for the Military Adviser of the BHC expected to drive mainly to destinations in Cameroon with the occasional trip to Chad; to provide transport support to visiting military and to the wider BHC as necessary; to run various errands and carry out minor administrative tasks for the Military Adviser and the wider BHC Yaounde as necessary.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve
- Drive passengers to destinations as detailed in a safe and careful manner
- Perform the daily first parade and be responsible for security of the vehicle while in use
- Maintain high standards of physical hygiene and keep the vehicle clean at all times
- Routinely check for noticeable defects and liaise with line manager for urgent repairs
- Properly record journeys on the car log book and update the vehicle maintenance logbook
- Promptly report all accidents and near misses to line manager
- Meet and greet visitors in a friendly and polite manner at the airport and other pickup points and to work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Other administrative ad hoc tasks
Essential qualifications and experience
- A good knowledge of the Cameroonian terrain is required.
- Working knowledge of emergency First Aid, Map Reading and Satellite Navigation via GPS.
- Basic knowledge of car mechanics is essential and will be tested
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Work experience of at least three years in a similar capacity.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Cross-border driving experience will be an added advantage.
- Changing and Improving, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
Merry Christmas and a Happy 2017
Application deadline: 15 January 2017
Apply for this job