Posted : 13 April, 2022
Location : Buea, South West Cameroon
Category : Driving
Job type : Full Time
POST DESCRIPTION I. POSITION INFORMATION
Position title: Driver
Position grade: G.2
Duty station: Buea, South-West - Cameroon
Appointment type: Special short-term graded six months with possibility of extension
Reports directly to: Head of Office & PLOG Officer.
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Established in 1951, IOM is the United Nations Organization in charge of Migrations and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates. Under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office and PLOG Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for driving IOM staff, migrants, etc. within IOM Mission Cameroon.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Drive IOM vehicles in accordance with the security and transportation procedures, ensuring the safe and on-time arrival of staff from/to the duty station or destination.
- Responsible to the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily checking of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
- Perform minor repairs and ensure that the vehicles are kept clean and ready for use. Always full tank prior to departure for field trips.
- Keep record of spare parts for the vehicle and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts. Keep the vehicle maintenance log updated.
- Ensure that the vehicle undertakes regular service intervals/ regular checking of the vehicle parts.
- Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Prepare daily log sheet and monthly report summarizing statistics for mileage, fuel consumption, usage, etc.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials.
- Take proper precaution to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Ensure that driving compliance to the local rules and regulations are followed, in case of involvement in accident.
- Conduct regular field missions within the South-West and North-West regions as well other parts of the country.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE EDUCATION
2 • Completed High/Secondary school education with two years of relevant professional experience.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- At least two years’ continuous driving experience;
- Valid Driving License (D class);
- Possession of Mechanical certificate from an accredited school is a plus;
- Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs;
- Good knowledge of routes within the country;
- Good knowledge and working experience with HF and VHF Radios
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Availability to work during weekends and after hours as requested;
- Mature individual, able to work independently, paying attention to detail and deadlines;
- Good computer skills, especially in Ms Office: Word, Outlook and Excel
- Certificate in defensive driving is desirable
Required (specify the required knowledge) : Desirable
Fluency in English & French is required
1 The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1,2, or 3 (depending on grade)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
NOTES: Interested applicants will have to submit their resume and cover letter by email to IOMCameroonApplication@iom.int by 23h59 on 20 April 2022, with the subject of the email being “Application Driver – Buea, South-West]”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. 1 Competencies and respective levels should be drawn from the Competency Framework of the Organization
NB: Ne donnez pas d'argent pour obtenir un emploi
Service de rédaction rapide de CV - Toute l'aide dont vous avez besoin en matière de CV
Contact : 674 542 410 pour obtenir un devis, effectuer un paiement ou poser des questions.
Fast CV Writing Service - All the CV Help You Need
Contact: Contact: 674 542 410 to get a quote, make a payment or ask questions