POST DESCRIPTION I. POSITION INFORMATION
- Drive IOM vehicles in accordance with the security and transportation procedures, ensuring the safe and on-time arrival of staff from/to the duty station or destination.
- Responsible to the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily checking of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
- Perform minor repairs and ensure that the vehicles are kept clean and ready for use. Always full tank prior to departure for field trips.
- Keep record of spare parts for the vehicle and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts. Keep the vehicle maintenance log updated.
- Ensure that the vehicle undertakes regular service intervals/ regular checking of the vehicle parts.
- Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Prepare daily log sheet and monthly report summarizing statistics for mileage, fuel consumption, usage, etc.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials.
- Take proper precaution to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Ensure that driving compliance to the local rules and regulations are followed, in case of involvement in accident.
- Conduct regular field missions within the South-West and North-West regions as well other parts of the country.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- At least two years’ continuous driving experience;
- Valid Driving License (D class);
- Possession of Mechanical certificate from an accredited school is a plus;
- Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs;
- Good knowledge of routes within the country;
- Good knowledge and working experience with HF and VHF Radios
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Availability to work during weekends and after hours as requested;
- Mature individual, able to work independently, paying attention to detail and deadlines;
- Good computer skills, especially in Ms Office: Word, Outlook and Excel
- Certificate in defensive driving is desirable
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
NB: Ne donnez pas d'argent pour obtenir un emploi
Service de rédaction rapide de CV - Toute l'aide dont vous avez besoin en matière de CV
Contact : 674 542 410 pour obtenir un devis, effectuer un paiement ou poser des questions.
Fast CV Writing Service - All the CV Help You Need
Contact: Contact: 674 542 410 to get a quote, make a payment or ask questions