Design / Transmission Engineer at Vodacome Business Cameroon SA
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 5 February, 2018
Job type : Full Time
- INTERNAL ROLE TITLE: Design / Transmission Engineer.
- REPORTS TO: Service Delivery Manager FUNCTION: Operations
- COMPANY: Vodacom Business Cameroon SA.
- LOCATION: Douala, Cameroon.
- Band: H – Level 5
Responsible for the design, dimensioning and planning of IP engineering, MW transmission, FO, VSAT, Broadband solutions of the current and future network
- Design, Planning and Optimization of Vodacom's Transmission Network
- Quality Assurance of Data services from a Transmission point of view
- Optimization of Capex / Opex in terms of choices of equipment in Quality/Cost ratio
- Realization of Transmissions Frequency Plan, Optimization and Network design
- Translation of the Master Plan into Engineering criteria
- Design and Implementation of new Transmission architectures
- Contribution to the resolution of traffic black spots
- Contribution to the definition of a new site architecture
- Planning of material resources according to needs
- Engineering documentation and updating
- Stock Management of MW / VSAT and FO Transmission equipment
- Analysis of the Link Budgets and Calculation of interference using the Ellipse MW software
- Preparation of Swap Procedures for TDM and Ethernet traffic
- Proposal of harmonious solutions in existing networks
Competencies (Knowledge, skills and attributes)
- Master of Computer Softwares: Ellipse MW, Pathloss, MapInfo, Packet Tracer, GNS 3, Genex Probe / Assistant, Peak VHDL
- In MW PDH / SDH / IP, VSAT and Fiber Optic Network Architecture.
- Technological and competitive intelligence.
- B.Sc in Telecom Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronic/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum Experience: 2/3 years of experience in Transmission, Microwave and FO Engineering.
English language is mandatory.
Application deadline: 18 February 2018