Customs / Lifting Assistant via MELT GROUP
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 5 December, 2018
Job type : Full Time
Our client, a multinational company, specialize in oil and Gas, is looking for a Customs/Lifting Assistant (M/W), to accompany his activities in Cameroon.
Purpose of the job:
- The Customs/ Lifting Assistant is a member of the import/export Team that is responsible for all import/export activity.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Preparing all the required documentation necessary for the importation or exportation of equipment and goods for the account of APCC.
- Liaise with Contractors, Vendors, freight forwarders, shipping lines, clearing agents and customs authorities to obtain the required documentation when not available.
- Issue Transit Orders to freight forwarders and clearing agents.
- Open and maintain auditable files for each import or export shipment in accordance with APCC guidelines.
- Coordinate and supervise the packing and crating of expat personal effects out of Cameroon.
- Prepare and maintain required data for preparing import/export activity reports for management.
- Review and code import/export invoices and submit for payment within the required time.
- Assist duringaudits by customs officials by making available import/exports files for the audit period.
- Responsible for clearing all shipments sent by air freight or through courier services ( e.g. DHL, UPS, etc.).
- Such shipment to be delivered to the APCC warehouse within five (05) days of their arrival in Douala.
- Perform any other tasks pertaining to import/export as assigned by supervisor.
Able to work safely in and out of the office and is prepared to work long hours when required to do so.
- Works with all departments in the company but principally operations and technical.
- Interfaces with contractors, forwarding/clearing agents shipping agents, customs and other government agencies.
- Understanding customs laws/regulations and procedures in the oil and gas sector.
- Understanding the customs requirements for importation of materials by oil companies operating in Cameroon.
- Be morally and ethically upright.
- Be able to work accurately and timely under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Experience / Competence Requirements:
- Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, International Trade or Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in the area of customs clearing, shipping or freight forwarding.
- A good understanding of the roles of the different actors in the customs clearing process.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English and French.
- Knowledge of the CEMAC Customs Code, Harmonized System of materials classification and Incoterms 2010 Rules.
- Understand how customs duties are calculated and be able to verify the accuracy of the calculations.
- Know the different Customs Regimes for import/export operations in Cameroon.
- Have credibility and good interpersonal skills.
- Have good initiative and ability to work independently. Ability to learn quickly.
Apply for this job