Consular Clerk- All Interested Applicants / All Sources at the US Embassy Yaoundé
- Embassy Yaounde
- Consular Clerk- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- 01/11/2022 - 01/25/2022Format MM/DD/YYYY
- LE - 1405 6
- XAF FCFA8,028,817
- Full-time -
- 1 Vacancy in
- HR Section
- • Open to the public
- For USEFM - FP is 05. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Public Trust - Background Investigation
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Responsible for the intake and processing of all ACS, IV, and NIV casework. Incumbent is primarily responsible for cashiering in the section and fully accountable for reconciliation and deposit of all consular fees collected at post to Class B Cashier. Assists with pre-screening of applications and verifies information and supporting documentation. Reports directly to the Consular Specialist.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years of prior clerical or office experience.
LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and French are required. This may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass U.S. Embassy specific medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Embassy issued Security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “click the apply button or follow this link https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=de1ba0xrpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=30422&orgId=73”. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification or equivalent (if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
- CNI OR Passport copy (as applicable)
- High School Diploma or Certificate
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
ONLY Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon.