Community Mobilizers ERD (Ndian,Meme) at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Community Mobilizers ERD (Ndian,Meme)
Requisition ID: req7873
Job Title: Community Mobilizers ERD (Ndian,Meme)
Sector: Community Development
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Buea, Cameroon
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in the world. The IRC assists, provides rehabilitation and provides post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. Present in more than 40 countries, IRC's mission is to help the people whose lives and livelihoods are affected by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and take charge of their future.
In the face of a growing humanitarian crisis, the IRC is launching emergency programs in the Far North and South West regions of Cameroon. The planned programs include environmental health (EH), Protection and Rule of Law (PROL), Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) and the Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE).
The ERD Community Mobilizer is a fundamental position in the field for the implementation of Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) activities. The community mobilizer spends most of his time in the field to identify target communities, establish relationships with community authorities, participate in the implementation of activities in the field such as community mobilization, identification of potential beneficiaries , the selection of beneficiaries according to a participatory approach, the distribution of tools to ensure cash transfers and / or distributions of vouchers or food, recording of complaints and support for beneficiary households in the proper management of their resources.
Place of employment:
The Community Mobilizer of the ERD program will be based in one of the intervention localities of Ndian or Meme
Objectives of the position
- Lead the community mobilization process, implement a participatory community targeting approach for the identification and registration of project beneficiaries (IDPs, host populations and vendors)
- Participate in daily activities related to voucher distributions,
- Follow up on complaints
- Ensure compliance with vendor commitments and project requirements
- Participate in raising awareness of the main stakeholders, local authorities, partners, communities and targeted households on the objectives of current projects, deadlines and activities to be implemented;
- Ensure the community mobilization process in the targeted geographic area;
- Participate in the identification, registration and selection of project beneficiaries according to selection criteria defined by a participatory and inclusive community approach;
- Work in close collaboration with community targeting committees, complaint management committees (CGP) in the implementation of all project activities in the intervention localities.
- Plan and supervise the staff activity plan, in order to ensure compliance with the work plan, days off and staff training and their skills development
- Participate in the distribution of cash and / or vouchers and / or food and non-food products to beneficiaries
- Follow Up
- Collect the relevant data during project implementation and regularly provide reports to his supervisor;
- Monitor the voucher distribution process
- Assist in data collection during surveys and post-distribution assessments when necessary
- Manage complaints made by beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries after consultations with their supervisor;
- All other functions assigned by the supervisor to allow the development of IRC programs
- Forward purchase requests if necessary
- Commit to respecting the IRC Way (IRC Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct).
- Commit to ensuring the optimal implementation of IRC Policies in the context of their work.
- Be available to carry out any other ad hoc task deemed useful by his direct superior or by the IRC.
- Produce reports on programmatic activities on a weekly and monthly basis
- Have a Baccalaureate or any other equivalent diploma;
- Minimum one year of professional experience in business or in an NGO preferably, proven ability in community mobilization, identification, registration and selection of beneficiaries is highly required;
- Fluent in English and excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Have a good presentation and a respectful attitude towards beneficiaries, local authorities, community leaders, colleagues and superiors;
- Fluency in French and some local languages, cultures and traditions would be an asset
- Be flexible; ability to work in a team, sometimes under pressure and often in an unstable security environment.
- Have an excellent command of computer tools: Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook.
- Have a sense of organization and a strong time management ability.
- Have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Knowing how to ride a motorcycle and having a motorcycle driving license would be an asset
- Be of Cameroonian nationality.
Presentation of the file
- An up to date (CV); the names, positions, telephone number and e-mail address of at least two professional references;
NB: Deadline for the admissibility of files: 31st January, 2020 at 5 p.m. precise.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
Only the preselected candidates will be contacted.