Client Responsiveness Technical Specialist (National Hires Only) at IRC - International Rescue Committee
This role is open to national hires only and can be based in Senegal, Cameroon, Cote D'Ivore, United Kingdom or any other IRC registered offices.
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
The IRC committed under its 2020 Strategy to a number of ambitious changes to the way the organisation works, strengthening our ability to deliver high impact programming. This included the commitment to client responsive programming. Under Strategy 100 we have reaffirmed that commitment, deepening and expanding our work to date
Driving forward the organisational ambition around client responsiveness, the IRC set up a team in 2015 to develop and implement a strategy for the roll-out of client responsive programming. The team works closely and collaboratively at all levels of the organisation and with peers and donors to share learning and ensure relevance and uptake of new approaches. The team contributes to the change agenda around Accountability to Affected Populations and Humanitarian Effectiveness, through hosting and participating in inter-agency events, communication efforts and strategic partnerships.
Alongside the pursuit of these ambitions, the IRC is also now looking at ways to integrate these ambitions alongside other organisational ambitions in the field, working closely with regional and country management to harness and strengthen business processes which facilitate effective decision making.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Client Responsiveness Specialist is responsible for developing and delivering technical support plans, guidance and tools to achieve IRC’s strategic ambition of Client-Centred Programing. She/he works collaboratively with senior management in regions and country programmes to identify technical support and resource priorities to strengthen the capacity of country programme teams, identify staffing and budgeting approaches to institutionalise Client-Centred Programming and promote Client Responsiveness goals. The post holder contributes to update and develop the Client Responsiveness resource kit and training materials for the country programme teams and staff from the HQ. She/he collaborates with other units within CRRD and beyond to promote coherence with and integrate Client Centred Programming into their own work.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Client Responsiveness Specialist reports into the Acting Director, Client Responsiveness and works closely with the other Client Responsiveness Technical Specialist in the Client Responsiveness Team and other colleagues from the Governance Technical Unit and across Technical Excellence.
Internally, the post holder works closely with senior management in Country Programmes and Regions, key staff in Technical Units and Strategic Initiatives, and the Measurement Unit.
Externally, the post holder seeks to develop relationships with peer agencies working on related thematic areas, with specialist think tanks and consultancies, and relevant network bodies.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
The Client Responsiveness Specialist has authority and responsibility for:
· Developing and delivering regional implementation plans for Client-Centred Programming.
· Providing technical support to country teams to institutionalise Client Centred Programming and advance IRC’s strategic priority in this area.
· Contributing to the further development of the resource kit, tools and trainings on Client Responsiveness / Client Centred Programming.
· Contributing to the further development and implementation of the S100 Clients Ambition phase 1 priorities.
· Contributing to integrate Client Centred Programming into existing IRC’s business and decision making processes.
· Coordinating and communicating internally to promote coherence between the Clients Ambition and the work of other units.
· Representing the IRC’s work and policy positions on Client Centred Programming and Accountability to Affected Populations amongst external stakeholders.
Provide Country Programmes with technical support and capacity strengthening to achieve S100 Client Ambition:
· Develop and implement technical support plans in coordination with Regional Measurement Action Coordinators, in a manner that is responsive to demands from country teams and observed gaps in their knowledge and practice.
· Provide quality technical support on Client Responsiveness, support development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), country program level feedback plans, multi-sector satisfaction surveys, training and on-boarding of new and existing staff; budgeting and staffing approaches.
· Provide support to include client perspectives in Country Program Strategic Action Plans (SAP) and SAP – Implementation Plans.
· Contribute to the implementation of the Clients Ambition phase 1 priorities, through supporting consultations across the organization, particularly country programme staff, and leading on the development of relevant approaches, tools and guidance for implementation at country program level.
· Proactively collaborate with other teams to ensure alignment of the approach with other broad organisational priorities, initiatives and work-streams for the country support.
Contribute to further develop and disseminate the resource kit on Client Responsiveness:
· Contribute to the process of updating and developing the resources, tools and learning materials based on learning, progress towards achievement of the Client-Centred programming, and the changing internal and external context.
· Contribute to the dissemination, induction and use of existing CR tools to Country program colleagues and to facilitate peer learning among countries and regions
Collaborate with other units to promote coherence with and integrate Client Centred Programming into their own work:
· Contribute to the roll-out, training and orientation for the IMPACT standards
· Support the institutionalisation of using client satisfaction for performance management (though MEAL Handbook, Indicator Selection tool).
· Coordinate relationships with, other units within CRRD and beyond to promote coherence between Client Centred Programming and their own work
Generate evidence and learnings:
· Collect and share learning from country programs in the form of case studies, reports, briefing notes and blogs.
· Support the implementation of research projects
Any additional support as requested by the supervisor
· A minimum of 5 years of professional experience designing, implementing and supporting client feedback mechanisms and working on Accountability to Affected Population within Humanitarian and/or Development programs
· A proven track record with at least 3 years of field based experience working in developing, fragile and conflict affected countries (preferably in Africa)
· Prior experience providing technical advisory support and trainings, remote and face to face
· Experience in working across sectors or disciplines
· Experience with data management, visualization and interpretation
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Strong analytical, presentation, organizational and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated expertise in program design, monitoring and evaluation and program adaptation
· Ability to work within a team with a track record of collaborating across disciplines;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and French;
· Active listening skills and ability to work with colleagues from different cultures and contexts;
· Education: Master’s/post-graduate degree in public administration, public policy, political science, international development, economics or other relevant field.
· Language Skills: Fluency in English and French is required
Preferred experience & skills:
· Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
· Strong analytic problem solving skills
· Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, CommCare and PowerBI is an asset
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
· Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
· Standard office working environment
· Some international travel, including in remote and volatile locations as needed up to 20%
· This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace
How to apply
How do I land myself for a job? Making your resume stand out? Register for Akwajobs Coaching https://bit.ly/3trLcja
Be confident, performant & get promoted. Register for Akwajobs Coaching https://bit.ly/3trLcja
Prepping for an interview? Want to seal the job? 90% SUCCESS - TALK TO A COACH 674 520 658
Comment puis-je décrocher un emploi ? Faire ressortir votre CV ? Inscrivez-vous au coaching Akwajobs https://bit.ly/3trLcja
Soyez confiant, performant et obtenez une promotion. Inscrivez-vous au coaching Akwajobs https://bit.ly/3trLcja
Vous préparez un entretien ? Vous voulez sceller le travail? 90% DE SUCCÈS - PARLEZ À UN COACH 674 520 658