Business Planning Analyst M/W via Melt Group
Business Planning Analyst M/W
A multinational company, specialized in Oil and Gas, is looking for a Business Planning Analyst M/W, to accompany the development of its activities in Cameroon.
Purpose of the job:
- The Business Planning Analyst is responsible for coordinating the internal and external budgetary processes for the company.
- The incumbent is also responsible for providing relevant support through the various stages of the business planning and investment evaluation processes for all Operated Assets.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the budgetary process by liaising with all department heads, project leaders and other stakeholders to ensure accurate input into the company budget.
- Ensure guidelines from parent company are effectively disseminated to all stakeholders involved in the budgetary process.
- Carry our regular updates to the internal and external budgets, preparing accurate variance analysis and communicating effectively to Senior Management.
- Track AFE Commitments against approved budgets to ensure accurate cost allocation and compliance with budgetary procedures.
- Support the company Long Term planning process – including but not limited to validation of inputs, updating templates and updating the economic models used for Long Term planning.
- Support the investment appraisal process – carry out tactical economic evaluations on development projects.
- Prepare quarterly commitment reports for submission to Parent Company.
- Support the preparation of all four Joint Venture Committee Meetings for the company with joint venture partners and ensure financial / commercial issues with partners are promptly addressed in line with the various Contracts Terms and conditions.
- Prepare multidisciplinary reports for Senior Management.
- Liaise with a diverse group of disciplines at all levels of the organization on finance, economic and technical issues, influencing them to provide quality inputs in line with guidelines.
- Handle sensitive / confidential company information.
- Structure complex problems.
- Delivery of high quality work on time against very tight deadlines.
Experience / Competence Requirements:
- B.Sc. in Economics, Management or Petroleum Engineering.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in Project Management, Cost Analysis, Budgeting and Planning, Economics or Petroleum Engineering.
- Knowledge of respective Oil and Gas fiscal systems.
- Ability to efficiently engage with broad and diverse teams. Excellent Excel and modelling skills. Diligence and attention to details.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of accounting systems (Sun, Vision excel).