Banking and Finance Internship at Citi Cameroon
Posted : 8 July, 2019
Job type : Full Time
- The goal is to complete the summer university program by trying to develop a good understanding of different Citi businesses, including Corporate Banking, Treasury and Trade Solutions (Cash, Trade and Sales), Operations, Credit analysis,
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the business and the major clients with the aim of identifying appropriate revenue generating opportunities.
- Ability to support senior team members on daily tasks, projects and meeting client’s needs.
- To work on relationships within a client sector, assisting Senior team members in business origination across Citi’s product set
- Develop strong relationships internally.
- The Summer University Program begins in June online trainings and induction sessions providing an overview of Citi, followed by classroom training sessions. Analysts have the opportunity to meet representatives from various teams
- Interns complete 6-months internships of intensive on the job training across various functions of Citi, including Treasury and Trade Solutions and Corporate Bank.
Below are some examples of the tasks the analyst may be performing during their rotations. The analysts will support the team in various task, which could include but are not limited to:
- Develop and update analyses to support marketing activity, and coordinate with bankers on delivery of project work.
- Source and create pitch and marketing material, liaising with product partners and the Bankers.
- Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to assist with relationship maintenance
- Assist in managing the Corporate Banking relationship infrastructure, including approvals and documentation.
- Produce and update client plans in conjunction with product partners and bankers.
- Monitor calling plans to ensure business development is pursued across the client base and that deals are replicated.
- Collaborate within the team to manage the portfolio and individual client risk.
- Interact with Citi’s network around the region to ensure activities are co-ordinated across the franchise.
- Develop an understanding of the cash, trade and sales products and processes
- Develop an understanding of the operations processes and due diligence required
- Track market developments across the region and share geopolitical, economic and banking industry trends that may affect the business with a consultative approach
- Monitor business volumes diligently to flag/highlight significant drops or surges to the relevant stakeholders and take the appropriate remedial or incentivizing measures
- Prepare and analyse financials while ensuring actuals and run-rated projections meet the business plans
- Liaise with partners across TTS to capture key client and product pipelines/wins are to be showcased in business reviews
- Opportunity to develop world class broad based banking, product knowledge, credit analysis and client relationship skills.
- Opportunity to work in a large and complex organisation with a demanding customer base and in a challenging and changing business environment.
- Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment.
- We are seeking candidates from a wide variety of degree backgrounds and value diversity.
- We are looking for highly motivated individuals with strong academic credentials.
- Candidates will need to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills as well as analytical abilities and a genuine interest in the financial markets.
- Analytical - Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base.
- Organisational - Managing demands from several sources, working to deadlines and managing offsite analyst timetables
- Verbal and Written Communication - Attention to detail and clarity.
- Proactivity - Identifying situations that could result in new business and developing recommendations tailored to the client
- Languages: Fluency in English is required, knowledge of the local language is required in those countries where English is not widely spoken
- Successful candidates will usually have obtained or in the process to obtain their Degrees in Finance, Banking, Risk or any degrees related to the above job description.
- Personal Motivation
- Career Focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Innovation and Creativity
- Influencing and Persuasiveness
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Primary Location: EMEA-CMR-Littoral-Douala
Job Category: Management Development Programs
Schedule: Full-time Education
Level: None Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Apply for this job