Avian TMVS at Boehringer Ingelheim
Posted : 3 December, 2017
Job type : Full Time
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Avian TMVS Cameroon-1713586
- Lead & manage the avian technical activity, including VTS, within Africa clusters
- Grow the avian business; contribute to sales and margin targets achievements through:
- Provide technical support to the avian products
- Capture and develop loyalty from Avian Key accounts
- Improve communication between various BI avian actors (BI internal and distributors)
Duties & Responsibilities:
Contribute to the Avian objectives
- Provide technical support to the avian products in order to achieve sales and strategic objectives in all Africa clusters.
- Develop technical training for Avian TMVS teams and specialized distributor team.
- Participate actively to pre-launch meetings related to new products.
- Run field trials with different product and customers under the supervision of Vet technical manager/Avian business manager.
- Develop and participate in the production of technical marketing literature and promotional tools (Technical manual, brochures…).
- Develop innovative technical/marketing concepts in order to better position the avian products in each area in collaboration with the local avian account managers.
- Communicate proactively and regularly on vaccination service products/concepts in order to ensure awareness of innovations and understand the requirements of the teams in each market.
- Participate in meetings with technical presentations according to requirements made by Avian TMVS, ABMs, Marketing & Tech manager and distributors.
- Elaborate and update a practical manual for commercial training.
- Secure PV procedure.
Lead Vaccination Service activities done by VTS local Team
- In coordination with META VTS Manager and Avian MK&TECH manager support the training of the VTS team on product handling (vaccination equipment, biological, nitrogen containers) and for the different vaccination methods (drinking water, spray, injection).
- Ensure and contribute to a high standard of technical expertise and knowledge of all specialized vaccination service staff (BI and partners).
- Develop and provide tools for vaccination control and evaluation on quality vaccine application at hatchery level.
- Check the vaccination equipment situation.
- Coordinate the maintenance on the equipment and train the poultry farm staff on the job.
- Ensure proper installation of new equipment in customers’ facility and arrange the necessary training session.
- Coordinate and support technical training for Broiler teams, Breeder teams, Hatchery teams, Layer farmers done by VTS team.
- Support vaccination audit-monitoring done by VTS Team.
- Secure Avian Tech budget achievement.
- Observe and contribute to BI Safety Objectives.
- Veterinary degree with solid field experience in the poultry area.
- Field experience (mini 5 years) in the poultry industry, poultry diseases, pathology and diagnostics.
- Good communication and presentation skills and the ability to adapt readily to different cultural environments.
- Preparedness to work in a team and to travel international (40-50% of the time).
- Language skills: Fluency in English
- Computer skills: Good knowledge, particularly of Word, Power Point, Excel.
- Basic practical mechanical skills are also desirable.
Apply for this job