Audit & Controls Coordinator via Robert Walters Africa
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 5 September, 2019
Job type : Full Time
Audit & Controls Coordinator
An Oil and Gas multinational is looking to hire their future Internal Audit & Controls Coordinator, to be based in Douala - Cameroon. You will directly report to the General Manager.
In coordination with the Finance & Management Teams, you will manage the controls aspects in all functions in the company to support the business and strategy.
You will have to:
- Lead the organization in ensuring sustenance of an effective Internal Controls Framework, backed up by documented and approved procedures for critical business processes, Company Policies and applicable regulatory requirements, to mitigate financial exposure.
- Ensure that the critical business processes and procedures are comprehensively documented, approved, implemented and functioning as required.
- Provide controls training to ensure Employees in controls sensitive positions are aware and adhere to Company Procedures and Policies.
- Lead in scheduling and carrying out of periodic controls reviews to test integrity of the control's framework.
- Give guidance in development of adequate action plans & corrective measures to close identified control gaps.
- Participate in review of situations of non-compliance with company procedures, policies and regulatory requirements as required by Management.
- Demonstrate independence of the Internal Controls function in implementation of the listed principal accountabilities, consistent with Management expectations.
- Other controls related activities as may be assigned by Management from time to time.
- Reporting to the General Manager.
- You have a relevant accounting and finance degree from reputable university.
- You have a professional auditing qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years working in external audit, within one of the major auditing firms.
- Proven track record evidencing strong performance in conducting high quality audit work, findings and reports.
- Honesty and high integrity
- Fluent written and spoken English and French.
- Analytical ability to identify weaknesses, perform root cause analysis and convert findings into required actions.
- Capability to work both independently and as a team member.
Get in touch
- Eloise Deblois
- +27 11 881 2423
Join Akwajobs A1 for updates, tips and info (WhatsApp) // Rejoignez Akwajobs A1 pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations (WhatsApp)
Join Akwajobs' Telegram Channel for updates, tips and info // Rejoignez la Chaîne de Akwajobs au Telegram pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations https://t.me/akwajobs
Apply for this job