Assistant Resident Engineer / Bridge Engineer at Louis Berger
Assistant Resident Engineer / Bridge Engineer
Louis Berger is seeking for his project based at the Cameroon / Nigeria Border "supervision and Control of the Construction of a New Two Lane Bridge over the Cross River at Ekok/Mfum" a Bridge Engineer
Project duration: 6 months
Starting Date: November
- Assistant Resident Engineer/Bridge/Structural Engineer He/She shall assist the Resident Engineer in ali technical and administrative aspects on site, and shall be responsible for structural works.
- He/She must be a graduate Civil or Highway Engineer (CE-MSc or CE-BSc) registered (Reg) with a recognized profess ional body.
- He must have not less than 15 years of cumulative experience related to bridge construction.
- Relevant post graduate qualifications (PGT) in highway/bridge engineering and/or contract management, and experience in working in tropical countries would be an added advantage.
- He/She must have served as an Assistant Resident Engineer on bridge construction supervision projects of simi lar magnitude and complexity.
- The candidate should also have experience in design review of long span bridges and a thorough understand ing and experience with international "best practices" , and of designs of modem bridges and modem construction technology .
- The candidate should also be capable of providing working drawings , specification details and instructions to the contractors for any approved changes to be made to the bridge design.
- Communicating fluently in English is essential.