Assistant Electrical Technician via Cible RH
Posted : 3 June, 2019
Job type : Full Time
Assistant Electrical Technician
Purpose of the Job :
The Assistant Electrical Technician is responsible for the execution of assigned work tasks associated with the operation of designated process equipment. He/she Safely installs, maintains and repairs all electrical and electronic equipment to improve runtime and achieve maximum reliability.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine and preventive electrical maintenance, in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Perform scheduled electrical testing and inspections.
- Perform scheduled routine calibrations of electrical equipment.
- Assist in monitoring the technical performance of assets against agreed indicators in own discipline.
- Complete all electrical projects on daily basis using the utmost safety procedures.
- Prioritize electrical work request of equipment needing preventive of reactive maintenance to prevent any impact to the environment.
- Promptly report any oil or chemical spills and then take appropriate action to contain.
- Complete maintenance preventive schedule.
- Work with the maintenance team to maintain electrical and instrumentation associated with mechanical equipment to consistently improve runtime downtime.
Interface & Dimensions:
- Essential for efficient runtime of critical equipment, pumps, compressors and generators in Mokoko Abana Production Unit, Continuous on the job training for junior technicians.
- Work with Team Leader or other disciplines with (limited) third parties on strictly technical matters.
- Work with engineering team to develop the adequate replacement or new installation of electrical equipment.
- Learn to review plans and inspect equipment to ensure compliance with electrical standards.
- Ability to learn.
- Able to work in a difficult & confined environment.
Experience / Competence Requirements:
- GCE A’ level Technical.
- At least 3 years of experience as an electrical technician, in-depth knowledge of electrical equipment and systems. Maintains up to date knowledge of electrical systems, relevant regulation, and equipment by reference to technical journals, books, operating manuals, other reference materials.
- HSE Requirement: Possess HUET or BOSIET Certification
- Operations and extensive knowledge of oilfield processes.
- Promote staff/contractor awareness of safety, health and environmental issues.
Apply for this job